Phantom Regiment 2016

Woohoooo has the season started yet? Beyond excited to hear a new style of arranging for Regiment. Also as someone who loved the SCV and Blue Stars treatment of Chairmen dances, I'm glad to see it on the repertoire. It's quite a contrast from the Shosty piece though (as is the Toccata) so it'll be interesting to see how the transitions between pieces work since Regiment has struggled in that department recently.

Ballads are the most important part of Regiment shows for me and I think they made a pretty good choice with the choir piece. It's a bit simple (kinda reminds me of Nimrod in a way) but I can definitely imagine that turning into something beautiful. Hopefully they leave the actual singing out of it.

I don't think they could've chosen better closer music with "Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" to fit in with the rest of the pieces they've picked. Really upbeat, lots of material to choose from. If the visual staff do their job, this could end up being a classic Regiment closer.

I think, however they finish, we'll be getting a fresh new take on Phantom this year. I agree, they've picked a very nice, lush, and broad spectrum of music for Mr. Pitts to work with. Who I see giving his absolute best to his former corps. I think the simplicity of the choral piece could lend itself to something incredibly simple, pure, and gorgeous.

I'm very interested to see what the theme is that ties this all together, that is key.

First words after camp this weekend make it seem like the MMs don't need planes to fly home because they are so stoked and excited about the product they are tackling and the process used by this year's faculty.

Continued blessings into this upcoming new year.

• Like 3

First words after camp this weekend make it seem like the MMs don't need planes to fly home because they are so stoked and excited about the product they are tackling and the process used by this year's faculty.

Continued blessings into this upcoming new year.

Hearing the same over here. Very exciting!

Agreed.

Crown's music is not limited to a genre but does generally have a few features: technically challenging, effective, appropriate.

Spoken with a completely unbiased tone.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As usual with Phantom it doesn't matter what parts, positions, or staff get's moved in or out. Instability promotes instability.

At the end of the day are they able to act as a cohesive unit that can compete at DCI's highest levels...1-2-3 top spots.

AND...will the unit be allowed to act as one with a unified vision or will the powers that be stifle creativity and a true competitive spirit?

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 1