Phantom Regiment 2016

I would never assume my suggestion alone would make a difference, but I will say I made a suggestion to a couple of staff members last year when we were in Frostburg about adding the wedge and kneeling kick at the end of the show. I knew the crowd would really like it (as I always have) and mentioned it would be a nice addition. Again, I doubt I had much of anything to do with it, but there were a few of us discussing it during ensemble and back at the buses...and, well...there it was two shows later.

It never hurts to make polite suggestions. I don't think the staff is offended, but volunteering, supporting and being involved with them is probably the only way you'll ever have the opportunity to share an idea. Pretty sure they don't pay any attention to the angst of the posts on here. I have heard several staff members say they avoid it.

I only come here to read anything new that I can't see on YouTube or from the booster emails. The rest of it is mostly hot air. No offense intended. Just being truthful about content.

• Like 2

I would never assume my suggestion alone would make a difference, but I will say I made a suggestion to a couple of staff members last year when we were in Frostburg about adding the wedge and kneeling kick at the end of the show. I knew the crowd would really like it (as I always have) and mentioned it would be a nice addition. Again, I doubt I had much of anything to do with it, but there were a few of us discussing it during ensemble and back at the buses...and, well...there it was two shows later.

It never hurts to make polite suggestions. I don't think the staff is offended, but volunteering, supporting and being involved with them is probably the only way you'll ever have the opportunity to share an idea. Pretty sure they don't pay any attention to the angst of the posts on here. I have heard several staff members say they avoid it.

I only come here to read anything new that I can't see on YouTube or from the booster emails. The rest of it is mostly hot air. No offense intended. Just being truthful about content.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help out the corps and sharing your thoughts. You're contributing and helping to make a difference unlike those who simply spew vitriol on this thread.

If I had the time to go and help the corps out on tour, I definitely would. The only thing I can really do is donate and wish the corps the best.

Ugh, give it a rest.

That's what I've been saying this whole thread lmao

• Like 2

Well I stick by my "homer" opinion....albeit misguided (jk). If you feel there needs to be change, then be a part of that change. Don't just sit behind a keyboard espousing everything that needs to happen to change the organization to your liking if you're not willing to expend a little physical effort to enact that change. I think I can pretty safely say that the staff has better things to do right now than read the musings of a few arm chair show designers on DCP. Respect for opinions goes both ways. Calling people who don't agree with you "homer"and fanboys" isn't garnering you much credibility.

Cheers!

Sutsaurus

I don't comment looking for credibility. I didn't call anyone a homer, I just said I don't let homers or alumni with different opinions get to me. It was a general statement. As you said it won't matter what is said here, since the staff has better things to do rather than read our musings...Trying to play catch up when your down by 6 points to the contenders is only a by product of the issues we talk about here.

Cheers!

Bumpin this thread and wishing the Regiment best of luck tonight in Minneapolis! Can't wait to see how the show has cleaned and evolved. Keep pushing PR!

• Like 2