MADISON SCOUTS 2016

The stage musical works because of its balance of light and dark, as witnessed in the bouyant '99 show. But that's not what this year is. This year they excerpted mostly the very darkest parts, the whipping, the crucifixion, the suicide, the sneering at Jesus from the afterlife, and the final eponymous number simply doesn't fit, and any buoyancy or rousing lift and audience feedback disappears. There's simply no buoyant crowd reaction-- as you'd expect if you were insane and adapted Cats and focused only on Macavity.

The contrast of light and dark is certainly why the musical worked. But this isn't the musical. Picking only the dark portion works for their concept. Your thinking is clearly canalized. (just as in the propaganda fiasco you posted). Whether or not they realize their concept completely, telling Judas's story is clearly a valid choice and the material they mostly chose works ( although I would have avoided the JCSS theme entirely).

You can do dark. Just have to commit fully, and highlight that more. In design anything worth doing is worth overdoing

I'm hearing good things about the changes, especially the new ending!

I'm hearing good things about the changes, especially the new ending!

Can you describe anything about the new ending? Is it drill changes?

Or also brass/percussion changes?

Can you describe anything about the new ending? Is it drill changes?

Or also brass/percussion changes?

Both-more intensity/velocity. Big push towards the stands ala 1998. They're working had, designers, instructional staff, and of course the members.

How high will they get, who knows, I learned a long time ago to not try to control things I can't, like somebody with a clipboard and voice recorder, and this year is no exception.

Both-more intensity/velocity. Big push towards the stands ala 1998. They're working had, designers, instructional staff, and of course the members.

How high will they get, who knows, I learned a long time ago to not try to control things I can't, like somebody with a clipboard and voice recorder, and this year is no exception.

I have a clipboard and a voice recorder, but it's for a different activity. Lol

Anyway, good to hear. I was hoping it was something powerful and bad-Azz!!

Edited by madalumni

I have a clipboard and a voice recorder, but it's for a different activity. Lol

Anyway, good to hear. I was hoping it was something powerful and bad-Azz!!

But Jeff, you use yours sensibly and with talent.

But Jeff, you use yours sensibly and with talent.

Well, most of the time. The last comment I heard was; "You better get your #### together Jeff!" Lol