MADISON SCOUTS 2016

there was an orchestrated effort by Madison's leadership to negate disappointed alumni comments at Madison's Alumni FB page by suggesting that Madison's placement this year is directly tied to their continual difficulties in raising finances.

They're in 4th in the DCI Corps Challenge. I don't know whether that's indicative over year-long donations, but maybe that was in response to the leadership's statements?

I had to ask the question simply because as I stated, a few days ago there was an orchestrated effort by Madison's leadership to negate disappointed alumni comments at Madison's Alumni FB page by suggesting that Madison's placement this year is directly tied to their continual difficulties in raising finances. Granted, Madison's financial picture is consistently among the worst in the top 12. But, to attempt to refocus everyone's attention on the money as their reason for their troubles in placement this year would be completely dishonest (refer back to my original remarks regarding their past continual top 6 placement). A bunch of voices immediately jumped on that funding bandwagon as well, and I was simply checking if you were part of that camp. Don't get me wrong, Madison desperately needs the dollars...But folks, don't pee down my leg and try to convince me that it's raining outside when it comes to the reasons regarding Madison's placement this summer.

:soapbox:

Edited by Nine White Russians

Such drama. I can see a fix is nowhere in sight. Because the first step is to admit you have a problem. Instead, it looks like you folks are engaged in playing the blame game. That will fix nothing.

Such drama. I can see a fix is nowhere in sight. Because the first step is to admit you have a problem. Instead, it looks like you folks are engaged in playing the blame game. That will fix nothing.

Good point. I am adding more fuel to the drama. Not much point in doing that.

One has to walk a fine line being an alumni. As much as some corps alumni are a great asset, there are a few out there that have quite the reputation with members as well as staff who run for the door after a year or 2.Groups have issues, ALL,.Airing on public forums usually doesn't work and as much as many think they are entitled to know everything now a days, it's really no ones dam business. Easier to try to work it out internally,contribute one way or another or if necessary , leave. JMO

Another aspect of show design that was overlooked this year was avoiding needlessly depressing subject matter that doesn't match the typically ebullient drum corps oeuvre. Dark material burdens your performers. Do you really want to torture your performers with eight months of a weighty, lugubrious onerous subject matter when they're at the height of energy and joy in their lives? It's like a six month bus and truck tour of William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying. To be stuck in a bible camp all summer, committing suicide every night as Judas would get on my last white nerve. Starting about mid June, I'd sneak to the back of the bus and have a shot of Southern Comfort with the other eleven apostles just to keep from burning my red leotard.

• Like 1

Well folks - after watching the WGIfest that is the Nashville show, I'm happy Madison is going on last. They will bring the crowd to their feet - probably more than any other corps - then score last - just ahead of Music City. DCI has become a shadow of it's former self.

• Like 1

Well folks - after watching the WGIfest that is the Nashville show, I'm happy Madison is going on last. They will bring the crowd to their feet - probably more than any other corps - then score last - just ahead of Music City. DCI has become a shadow of it's former self.

SCV is fantastic. I think this Scouts show isn't fulfilling expectations. When I saw them in early June I thought they would be fighting for 6th place. I don't know what happened, but last year, they started out with an iffy product and it was sensational by season's end. This year, they started out with a better product and it's been regressing the whole season IMO.