The Cavaliers 2016

Is that necessary?

I bet having politics so front and center is giving the mods fits right now on this Forum.

• Like 2

I bet having politics so front and center is giving the mods fits right now on this Forum.

If I know the mods (and I do, ya' know :tounge2: ) I'd bet they recognize that this "political" discussion is in the context of an actual drum corps show, being performed this year, in which the corps itself presents the political message. It's even more directly appropriate than was the discussion of gay rights and pizza that they let run last year.

As usual, if it's pertinent to drum corps, and so long as the comments don't get personal or wander OT, I'm pretty confident that the mods will follow DCP tradition and let the discussion happen openly and freely.

• Like 1

Trump is heard several times in the beginning of the closer, juxtaposed with Reagan on the subjects of walls.

I missed that, like I missed the apparent "Trump" sign.

Reagan's "Tear down this wall" and Trump's "We're gonna build a wall!" is a GREAT juxtaposition. In fact, it helps me give Cavies a pass in introducing the subject in the first place, which I wasn't willing to do last night in the theater.

• Like 1

If I know the mods (and I do, ya' know :tounge2: ) I'd bet they recognize that this "political" discussion is in the context of an actual drum corps show, being performed this year, in which the corps itself presents the political message. It's even more directly appropriate than was the discussion of gay rights and pizza that they let run last year.

As usual, if it's pertinent to drum corps, and so long as the comments don't get personal or wander OT, I'm pretty confident that the mods will follow DCP tradition and let the discussion happen openly and freely.

I missed out on a pizza discussion last year? Where the heck was I? Edited by Jurassic Lancer

If drum corps was only judged by the first two minutes, the Cavaliers would be killing it from 2012 to now. I just don't understand if they try to put all the ideas into the opening or what, but it seems like they really fizzle after that opening push.

They give you just enough to make you think they may be on the upswing, then you watch the rest of the show. I am pulling for those guys, hopefully they figure it out.

Also, looks like the return of a certain visual designer, has brought with it the exact same issues as before. Womp, womp.

• Like 1

Actually his drill in 2012 was not bad, the issue at hand, I feel was that this show did not have much to stand on from the beginning of the season from a GE perspective.

Personally, I was not a huge fan of it. But it seems like he proved me wrong this year... no complaints here

Reagan's "Tear down this wall" and Trump's "We're gonna build a wall!" is a GREAT juxtaposition. In fact, it helps me give Cavies a pass in introducing the subject in the first place, which I wasn't willing to do last night in the theater.

Well, George has said in the Indy thread that the juxtaposition is slick and facetious, and I half agree with him. (Also, people were making that comparison many months, when Trump first introduced the idea, so it's a bit tired.)