The Cavaliers 2016

Agreed; there was so much cool nuance with that show! I remember seeing all sorts of pre-season stuff from them (drill sheets, spring videos, etc) and thinking this was going to be amazing, and then when BD announced their Godfather show I thought there was no WAY BD was going to lose w/Godfather! Luckily for Cavaliers that show was unstoppable, even with a percussion section that seemingly failed to gel (at least relative to the rest of the program).

The amazing sound FX that they created acoustically to symbolize robotic stuff was so cool, and of course symbolizing the cyborg visual w/Terminator percussion motif sealed it for this movie nerd!

That show is probably my favorite show of its era, and in my Top 3 of the millennium

I've got a funny story about how many of those sounds came to be put in the show...

So a show about a postnuclear-apocalyptic world ? that will be cool

Pretty much, if that's what they take from it. The whole visual aesthetic, thematic material, music, overall vibe, and depth of that universe would make for a pretty cool drum corps show. Lots of great music used in there too that would make for some INCREDIBLY fun stuff. It might not be a Fallout show per say, but I don't see anything but good stuff that they could take from that source, whatever it may be.

I don't see why they would include something so significant and iconic from Fallout if they weren't going to be using it as inspiration in some way.

Edited by DrumManTx

Pretty much, if that's what they take from it. The whole visual aesthetic, thematic material, music, overall vibe, and depth of that universe would make for a pretty cool drum corps show. Lots of great music used in there too that would make for some INCREDIBLY fun stuff. It might not be a Fallout show per say, but I don't see anything but good stuff that they could take from that source, whatever it may be.

I don't see why they would include something so significant and iconic from Fallout if they weren't going to be using it as inspiration in some way.

I know the info, and you are on the cusp...ish. Like it's not mad world part 2, but you aren't completely off base...kind of...barely.

Edit: I referenced mad world which I guess you aren't referencing, you are going with Fallout. I don't think it's a fallout show.

Edited by littlejaw

I know the info, and you are on the cusp...ish. Like it's not mad world part 2, but you aren't completely off base...kind of...barely.

Edit: I referenced mad world which I guess you aren't referencing, you are going with Fallout. I don't think it's a fallout show.

I'm definitely not expecting a Mad World Sequel, and not a straight up Fallout show either. Definitely could see with the music in the little clip how there could be some similar type stuff to what they did with "Smile" in 2010. And they can't just be using that Fallout loading screen for nothing, to me that's a hint of some sort of inspiration, however big or small it may be. There are all sorts of elements they could pull from that.

I'm betting their goal was getting people talking, peaking interest pretty high with the screen, and going from there. It definitely worked on me. Can't wait to see what the show is! Wish I could get in the loop. :I

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Well look who has a call back camp this weekend......hoping for an announcement this weekend so I can stop speculating, probably incorrectly, out the wazoo.

Regardless, Cavies are a corps I'm always happy to see and always want to be good.

Edited by DrumManTx

Well look who has a call back camp this weekend......hoping for an announcement this weekend so I can stop speculating, probably incorrectly, out the wazoo.

Regardless, Cavies are a corps I'm always happy to see and always want to be good.

DrumMan, you'll have to let me know if you see fallout resemblance. I have never played those games before. Just when it was described to me, fallout wasn't mentioned but you would know far better than I.

Asked around about an announcement in a week or 2, and was told earlier than I thought.