The Cavaliers 2016

Just watched a video of their show. I recognized "Overture" from Dancer in the Dark by Björk and "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse, but nothing else

Supremacy - Muse

Dancer in the Dark - Bjork

Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Bizarro - Michael Daugherty

Lucky Man- Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

After some digging on their band Facebook page. Notice that they had a Cavalier MM on staff last year as well. :)

Edited by DrumManTx

Cool theme, Bixby high school from Oklahoma did a FANTASTIC show with the same thematic idea this past fall. Looking forward to seeing what Cavies do with it. :)

So, in 2014, Bixby did a show similar to Sideshow. And in 2015, they did a Propaganda show.

All eyes will be focused on northeastern Oklahoma this fall for a 2017 DCI program... :)

• Like 1

Gotta love DrumManTX's enthusiasm for all the corps; like your comments on here regarding Cavies 2016 music. Stay classy as always! The way you write your comments is the kind of stuff I enjoy reading for sure....

I've been listening to a playlist of the rep for a couple of weeks, and I like it more each time I hear it all pieced together. The Morton Gould stuff is the toughest sell for me right now, but that's where I'm sure the theme will tie everything together. I am looking forward to hearing the arrangements and hoping for a resurgence of the corps.

I also like what I'm hearing about many of the other corps too, so maybe another good year for lots of corps entertainment-wise...

• Like 3

Gotta love DrumManTX's enthusiasm for all the corps; like your comments on here regarding Cavies 2016 music. Stay classy as always! The way you write your comments is the kind of stuff I enjoy reading for sure....

I've been listening to a playlist of the rep for a couple of weeks, and I like it more each time I hear it all pieced together. The Morton Gould stuff is the toughest sell for me right now, but that's where I'm sure the theme will tie everything together. I am looking forward to hearing the arrangements and hoping for a resurgence of the corps.

I also like what I'm hearing about many of the other corps too, so maybe another good year for lots of corps entertainment-wise...

Thanks! Means a lot, try to keep it positive with reasonable criticism when necessary. DCP needs more positive. :tounge2:

Feel the same way about the Gould, though corps like Star in 1992 with Amber Waves have made his music work incredibly well, I'm intrigued to see how they make that work.

• Like 3

The only thing Immortal was missing visually was an ending. Here's how they could have fixed it. Instead of the last vampire retreating lazily back into his coffin (completely undramatic), he should have been pushed back in by the horn player whose soul they tried to take. In fact the entire hornline should have been in a wedge, with the horn player at the tip, battling the last vampire and shoving the vampire back in. A battle with a victory. Instead they settled for the vampires retreating simply because they had nothing better to do. Yawn. Wither. Shrug. No finality. No story completion. No conclusion. No meaning.

I would have had the brass wedge force the vampire back to his coffin and then have brass morph into a cross and perhaps have the brass player jump on top of the coffin at the end. I might have been experimented with uni changes for said brass player perhaps going to a black Cavies uni to white at the end.

For those of you upset that this isn't a fallout show, dont be worried. A different corps will be doing a post apocalyptic show :)

• Like 2

Propaganda?

OMG, this will be the best show ever. Cavies are back, no one will be able to touch them, look out 100 at finals. This will be a once in a life time show. It will be beyond drum corps, it will be the best thing ever?

What, too much? Just a little Propaganda, wanted to give them their 15 minutes, opps, did I say that?

Curious to see what they do this year

• Like 3

I would have had the brass wedge force the vampire back to his coffin and then have brass morph into a cross and perhaps have the brass player jump on top of the coffin at the end. I might have been experimented with uni changes for said brass player perhaps going to a black Cavies uni to white at the end.

Good suggestions. You realize that you are one of the only people on here who is focused on the most critical aspects of drum corps show design - heightening and resolving the dramatic action. It's incredibly hard to do. With or without characters, with or without dialogue, a winning drum corps show must heighten a theme and resolve it to a satisfying end. If not, the score sheet's depth of concept category just withers [Ten, Kinetic Noise, Game On].

You realize that you are one of the only people on here who is focused on the most critical aspects of drum corps show design - heightening and resolving the dramatic action.

If one considers visuals and show design close to one in the same, there has been discussions about the importance of visuals by several DCP regulars.