Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Is it just the ending or are there more changes throughout the show?

Edited by Bloofanboy95

I had a blast at the show tonight! Bluecoats really bloo me away lol that brass section sounds way better live and in person.

• Like 1

I'm a little late, but congratulations to the Bluecoats on a big win in San Antonio. I'd love to see them win it all. Always liked them and really became a big fan in 2010. Last year's show was my favorite musically and now I'm so ready to see them live this year! Only 1 week until Chester!!!!!

Edited by sched88

Pretty exciting for Bloo. Not only is this the first time they have won a competition of this magnitude, I believe this is the first time they have ever won a caption at a competition of this magnitude.

They have won the brass caption at quarterfinals before... and I believe they have snagged the percussion caption during finals week before as well, but I'm not certain.

Mentioned this on the "New Endings" thread, but I'll say it here. Right now, the Bluecoats' new ending is leaving me a bit lukewarm. The drum break in the middle reminds me of the original ending to Tilt - it just kinda loses me. Visually, it's more of the same "running up and down a ramp" jive, but I'm liking what the colorguard is doing. And also, they should change the very end so that it doesn't sound the exact same as the end of the second movement.

I think it suspends that tension that builds right before they go into the drum feature and makes you wait for the pay off, I like it personally. I suppose they'll tweak it.

Though agree with the comments on the guard, love what they are doing.

Edited by DrumManTx

Not too sure how I feel about the new ending. Visually I love it, it brings back the original diamond from the beginning and inserts some more ramp choreography. Musically, I think that the over-the-top industrial rock groove is out of place with the relatively smooth and laid-back Latin feel of the rest of the show. It was very jarring to listen to, even as it was a pleasure to watch. Really weird juxtaposition there.

Now that CDC mentions it, it does remind me a lot of our original ending for Tilt... and that ended up getting scrapped. Thing is, we put in the new ending in Little Rock, and that point just passed. I'm sure that it's not finished, but it's getting to the point where it's going to be too late for a major musical overhaul, which is what I feel this new ending needs.

Edited by pudding

I have to say that regardless of what they end up doing, I for one, love the guitar strum suspended ending. Is it still that way (from a musical standpoint)? It wasn't super clear from reading other people's posts.

Edited by ajlemm