2016 Programs and Playlist:

I've noticed BAC16 has not been added to Spotify playlist

I haven't seen an announcement that published actual music selections. If it popped up in the Boston Crusaders 2016 thread, I apologize. I am not real good and keeping on top of all of the individual corps threads. Can somebody direct me?

Edited by mingusmonk

Man of La Mancha

Can you link to where they announced that as their repertoire and not just part of their show title?

Man of La Moncha (sic)

Seems possible.

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2015/09/boston-crusaders-2016/

The facts that I see in the first (only?) announcement:

A picture utilizing the artwork of Picasso's Don Quixote.

A show title of "Don Quixote. Man of La Mancha."

There is musical titled Man of La Mancha (with different artwork). But there are other Quixote inspired works as well. For example, a prominent Minkus ballet titled Don Quixote. And all of that assumes they are using literal connections instead of creating their own allusions with other material, or even composing their own original works.

In a film-and-literature class I took in college, we read a half-dozen books and watched the movie adaptations thereof. For Don Quixote, that meant the 1957 Soviet film by Grigory Kozintsev. It seems there are a number of recordings adapated from Gara Garayev's score for that film.

(However, Garayev's work is probably less well-known than the scores from Kozintsev's other late-career literary adaptations, of Hamlet (1964) and King Lear (1971), both of which were composed by some fellow named Shostakovich.)