2016 Programs and Playlist:

I'm so excited for this. Early rumors are already circulating that Crown's show is essentially going to be a '93 Star of Indiana tribute.

lol.

Seems people have already started to take this seriously and started complaining and jumping to conclusions.

Listening to the SCV Birthday Dinner performance now. Looks like their show features "The Canyon" by Philip Glass, plus several other tunes I don't immediately recognize.

Listening to the SCV Birthday Dinner performance now. Looks like their show features "The Canyon" by Philip Glass, plus several other tunes I don't immediately recognize.

The canyon is used as an encore piece for SCV normally, although this appears to be a different arrangement, so i'd hold off until the official announcement for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

That could be really cool, but given that Cadets just used Medea three years ago to take third place in DCI (and Kidsgrove Scouts used it just last year to reach sixth place in DCA and first in DCE), I hope that Crown can find a completely fresh approach to the material.

Cadets did not do justice to it and Kidsgrove does not really count.

Crown will tear this up.

• Like 1

Wine Dark Sea now available for download from iTunes, and also available on Spotify.

Added to playlist.

Thanks!

Cadets did not do justice to it and Kidsgrove does not really count.

Crown will tear this up.

I hope they do! But if they finish in third (or below), will you be apologizing to the Cadets?

(And Kidsgrove's, in case you didn't see it, was a highly entertaining show.)