Cadets 2016

Tobias

Thanks, and no worries - he'll march somewhere else this season, and will try for the Cadets in the future.

I can relate to your experience. My son auditioned for the 2011 Cadets, but needed more experience...so, he marched two summers with C2, and that prepared him well to earn a slot on the great 2014 Cadets snare line. It's a lesson in perseverance and sustained desire. Best of luck for your son!

I wish them well. This last year is now my all time favorite Cadets show!

What an amazing hornline!

Thanks. They have close to 300 brass at this first camp with many vets missing for school obligations so talent pool should allow them to put out another "respectable" brass line.
  • Like 2

I think "back in the day" there were some 14 year olds that made it. I was 17 in '93. Darryl Pemberton the guy writing the drill this year was 14 in '88 when he was a rookie.

These days though with so many Music Ed majors marching one or max two years it is just much less common.

I also get "April" vibes from Kristy. We can really hope that is the case, because she was a beast.

• Like 1

I can relate to your experience. My son auditioned for the 2011 Cadets, but needed more experience...so, he marched two summers with C2, and that prepared him well to earn a slot on the great 2014 Cadets snare line. It's a lesson in perseverance and sustained desire. Best of luck for your son!

Yup, he's already got a year with Surf, and year before that with Raiders, but his age will still hold him back from the top corps for a bit. Hopkins' webinars frequently referred to Seniors in high school, when discussing whom they could accommodate with June school closings, so we knew going in that Sophomores were probably not going to be considered. Still looking forward to show-and-tell this afternoon.

• Like 2

I think "back in the day" there were some 14 year olds that made it. I was 17 in '93. Darryl Pemberton the guy writing the drill this year was 14 in '88 when he was a rookie.

These days though with so many Music Ed majors marching one or max two years it is just much less common.

Then there's Jana Anderson who marched 8 years and was 14 when she began. There's also Michael Terry (who's on staff) who was 14 when began marching with us in 2000 and aged out in 2007. Possibilities are endless. Practice practice practice.

Yup, he's already got a year with Surf, and year before that with Raiders, but his age will still hold him back from the top corps for a bit. Hopkins' webinars frequently referred to Seniors in high school, when discussing whom they could accommodate with June school closings, so we knew going in that Sophomores were probably not going to be considered. Still looking forward to show-and-tell this afternoon.

Back when I marched, there were many of us who marched other corps to get some chops under our belts so we could march Cadets. We had a lot of people march Surf or Corpsmen; in my case, I marched both in order to march Cadets.

Edited by 2000Cadet

She literally SOUNDS like April while cleaning the guard. I did a double take when she was working C2 prior to DCA

its that harsh tone..( to put it mildly ).lol....thats all well and good but there has to be alot behind the words and April always had that. Even her critics at the time couldnt deny that.

Edited by GUARDLING

its that harsh tone..( to put it mildly ).lol....thats all well and good but there has to be alot behind the words and April always had that. Even her critics at the time couldnt deny that.

April was CLEARLY the best. I was intimidated by her and I wasn't even in the guard lol...

• Like 1

April was CLEARLY the best. I was intimidated by her and I wasn't even in the guard lol...

Yup - but also considering the C2 guard at finals - I'd say the newb is extremely strong. That guard was YOUNG and GREAT considering the context. Massive improvement from the prior year. So I'd say there is something behind the tone...

Periscopes up. https://www.periscope.tv/TheCadets/1lPKqaYDAWYKb

21, 585 listening in (plus those 15 BD fans who won't admit it) for a total of 21, 600

over 40 auditionees just for Front ensemble.

Close to 300 brass plus the list of committed vets excused because of scholastic obligations (college marching bands, etc.)

Interesting first taste of Pines intro.

Edited by xandandl