Cadets 2016

Tobias

Just got back from their show and tell. I havent been this excited about a Cadets show since 2005. The music book feels very '90s (in the best way possible). The "ballad" is a grower, but will be incredible on the field.

Thanks for the info! This is one of the shows that I'm excited to see this year. Now if I can just fly back East to see a few of these corps live...

I'm assuming you made the same comment in 1998.

Try not to asss-u-me anything 2C. Wasn't closely following D&BC back then, so I have no idea or interest in who may have played the same music then.

Edited by Ghost

Try not to ###-u-me anything 2C. Wasn't closely following D&BC back then, so I have no idea or interest in who may have played the same music then.

That may be true, but your implication that another corps has played that music before is an old argument. Recycled music is a thing nowadays in drum corps and no matter how much people wanna make jokes about it, it'll always exist apparently.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I personally think they should use the traditional Cadet uniform for parades, retreats, concerts etc... and use a "costume" for shows where it doesn't work

Say some years they carry 2 sets of uniforms - and when it does work carry one.

JMO - and as someone who has followed them for DECADES

I think that's a great idea George. Not abandoning their tradition, show unis that perhaps make more sense than the traditional ones

gives us your take on things since you're there!

Nothing much to add to the videos posted by Hopkins on Facebook. Just note that the brass and percussion had not even played 1/2 of these pieces together prior to today's show & tell.

Nothing much to add to the videos posted by Hopkins on Facebook. Just note that the brass and percussion had not even played 1/2 of these pieces together prior to today's show & tell.

Crazy how talented these kids are now. They throw drill and music at them and they digest so fast. How happy is your son? Edited by Tobias

That may be true, but your implication that another corps has played that music before is an old argument. Recycled music is a thing nowadays in drum corps and no matter how much people wanna make jokes about it, it'll always exist apparently.

Nothing about who has played what before 2C. Some of the comments by some of music a corps is working on gets me laughing, especially when it's recently been done before no matter who played it. As for Boston, they need to make top six on a regular basis to garner such love.

Nothing about who has played what before 2C. Some of the comments by some of music a corps is working on gets me laughing, especially when it's recently been done before no matter who played it. As for Boston, they need to make top six on a regular basis to garner such love.

You would think with all the licensing issues DCI has had and how late the current finals recording came out, that people would be more understanding of music being replayed, but I guess that's a pipe dream.