Cadets 2016

Tobias

Checking the records for 6/22/2014 in Bowling Green, I see that Cadets beat Crown by about 0.7. If that is correct, then Finals night was the only show where Cadets lost to anyone other than BD; and the latter will always be debatable in my mind (but I am biased in that regard). I totally agree that the 2015 theme was not worthy of Shostakovich; but aspects of the drill at insane tempos exposed individual member marching flaws despite fabulous brass and percussion execution.

I think you're right. I did a quick check on fromthepressbox.com and they had listed that Crown won that show. Might be a mistake. I kinda thought Cadets lost ZERO shows to anyone except BD before finals night. And BD was all-time great, and as much as I love Tilt, I think Cadets got snubbed because of the cheese at the end. Their 2014 show could have been masterful from start to finish had they found different source material for the closer and let the program be more stately and artistic from beginning to end. It didn't need the cheese.

wow that Pines French horn clip is good! Everything from the music quality, to the guard work and staging. I have a good vibe about this year...

agreed. The guard work and staging looks extremely strong. I have a good vibe as well that I never got the past 2 seasons...

the brass and drums are just incredible, so it will literally come down to visual on how far they can take this :)

I think you're right. I did a quick check on fromthepressbox.com and they had listed that Crown won that show. Might be a mistake. I kinda thought Cadets lost ZERO shows to anyone except BD before finals night. And BD was all-time great, and as much as I love Tilt, I think Cadets got snubbed because of the cheese at the end. Their 2014 show could have been masterful from start to finish had they found different source material for the closer and let the program be more stately and artistic from beginning to end. It didn't need the cheese.

Agreed on the cheese, and I think the Simple Gifts staging at the end made it impossible for the brass and percussion to maximize impact...some kids playing from different zip codes on that field; especially compared to Cadets' 1987 staging of that same piece with the entire corps within 15 yards of the front sideline. This actually increased the 2014 show's demand, I think. Going back now and viewing both 2014 and 2015 BD via the BluRay high cam videos, I am blown away with their integration of design and superb execution. Their soloists sound like first call studio cats.

wow that Pines French horn clip is good! Everything from the music quality, to the guard work and staging. I have a good vibe about this year...

A very different approach from Cadets. Modern with the quality one expects from Cadets. Perhaps best percussion ever or close, typical proficient brass and I think a guard that will be very competitive and contributory.
  • Like 1

A very different approach from Cadets. Modern with the quality one expects from Cadets. Perhaps best percussion ever or close, typical proficient brass and I think a guard that will be very competitive and contributory.

I can't wait to hear PoR at field level. I have a feeling that hit is gonna make me throw more than babies.

• Like 1

I'm in Johnstown visiting the members I sponsor. Corps heading into dinner break. Smalls at 630 then ensemble

All sections appear ahead of last year

Staging I've seen so far appears strong

Lots of small ensemble features

All sections appear ahead of last year

Atta Boy !!! May your preseason hopes roll right through to the retreat on August 13.

• Like 1

Way ahead. Especially the guard. They've been transformed into an expressive modern dance troop

I wanna see a flag feature (a GOOD one).

• Like 3

I wanna see a flag feature (a GOOD one).

LOVE me a good flag feature..............something about 30 something flags moving in perfect unison that is just absolutely mesmerizing. Some of those in the 90s. Woof. Amazing. 2014 had some really great stuff in there, opening with the blue flags, beautiful.

• Like 1