Cadets 2016

Tobias

Velcro on maroon and gold for the entire front of the uni; leave black on the backside.

Or do an entire uni switch from all-black to all maroon+gold in the closer -- sort of gives the message that 'we were stoned when we thought of this, but now we're back to our senses..." :silly:

• Like 1

If any of you have followed Rocky Point video blog in the past might want to watch what was uploaded just an hour or so ago. It was titled "Where are the Cadets?"

Why?

Strategically, I just do not understand why you would change marchers' uniforms to something that matches the guard. Did I get this wrong? Someone please tell me the logic behind this. It seems as if the show was just beginning to make some sense, explaining what was happening between two opposites. I thought they had an idea that potentially mirrored Angels and Demons, so when the news leaked of a uni change, that's where I thought they might go.

But changing to white/beige/stone grey? WTF? Seriously, tell me I got this completely wrong.

As you can tell by my numbers, I don't really post here. But I've been watching this stuff since before Chuck Mangione was on the broadcast and I have only missed 3 Allentown shows since '85. I just have a problem with all of this second guessing. The Cadets have always been a "high wire" act of sorts. They take creative risks to move the art form forward. And I think it's a reasonable statement that under the leadership of GH, they may have pushed the form forward more than any other corps. The price you pay for this is the fear of not knowing. Of seasons like 2008 and 2014,et al.

People see Steve Jobs as brilliant, but they forget about the Apple Newton disaster, the Lisa, and how he nearly destroyed the company in the '90's with his rigidity about collaborating with developers. And don't get me started talking about Iacocca with Chrysler, or Belichick's professional development in Cleveland and NY before single-handedly changing the game in the post salary cap NFL. Yeah - I think GH should be thought of in the company of these other leaders that turn out excellence. It's a culture of risk, reward, and innovation. While BD turns out brilliantly executed shows year after year, IMO - BD are always coloring between the lines and rarely re-defining the map. For my money (quite literally!) I'll take the Cadets over the safe route every time. The musical excellence they consistently produce in tandem with the simultaneous demands placed on the performers stands without peer year after year - win or not -IMHO. And if you don't have the stones (Stoned? - sorry, I couldn't help myself) to tolerate the uncertainty, the fumbling in the dark until it's illuminated - then this is the wrong corps for you.

• Like 5

So Wade are you on meds or just don't know anything about Drum corps??? :shutup:

One of the reasons I follow the Cadets is because they are innovative. I've been following since 1983 when I started with Drum Corps.

Guys - I'm thinking some of this is just conjecture / rumor

From what I'm hearing they are making some good changes to flags, closer adjusting, some staging changes to the "ballad" - but Cadets are in Black this year. The M&G are being utilized by C2 with some blue additions with the drums/plume.

C2 last year used whites (from 12.25, half of which came from Angels & Demons show...) so very worn out and had to go

The decision to keep Cadets in Black was made to reflect the dark nature of the show

So... some changes are on the way, but not everything stated earlier in the thread

So far the additions and revisions have been GREAT - let's keep it going Cadets!

• Like 1