Cadets 2016

Tobias

just letting everyone in the drum corps community know, PPL Park no longer goes by that name :unhappy: It is now Talen Energy Stadium. That doesn't mean it doesn't still hold as one of the best venues for drum corps across the nation...

Thanks for the correction. I remembered they changed the name, but didn't remember exactly what it is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the correction. I remembered they changed the name, but didn't remember exactly what it is.

I'm pretty sure that the DCI community is unsure of what to say, as the show still has mentions of PPL Park, either by direct name or as the stadium formerly called PPL Park

I just don't understand this. It's a dark show. They are playing dark music. The uniforms enhance the dark music.

Imagine '82/'83 revised if the judging community had told Garfield "Your drill is kind of crazy and we don't like it" - and then Garfield listened to them.

Well, at least they aren't changing to bland-old grey and wh...oh, wait.

George is willing to bet the farm on a monochromatic, understated color palette. I am already sort of wondering how the crowd will differentiate between the humans and the statues if the humans are now dressed as statues. Wasn't that the main design issue they appear to have been on the road to fixing this past week?

Well, it's his neck, but I sure hope they don't have to pay for this move in more ways than one. Go backwards now and it's ovah.

• Like 1

Read my post: Hopkins said this out loud to the corps (and gathered parents, sponsors, etc.) at Lynn. It was a public comment.now made to the corps 3x.

I've heard the opposite - the Cadets are in black this year. Period.

Edited by George Dixon

Any chance well see the maroon and gold uniforms return this year?

Yeah, when Cadets2 makes a uniform change next week.

(J/K)

Wow it seems like they are really flailing design-wise. Again, a pattern...like 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015...

It's just so frustrating when other corps (like BD for the best example) seem to know from day one exactly what to do to design a show that constantly serves up varied, entertaining moments, and how they are going to layer them into the show

Any chance well see the maroon and gold uniforms return this year?

Looks like C2 is wearing the maroon this year.

Wow it seems like they are really flailing design-wise. Again, a pattern...like 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015...

It's just so frustrating when other corps (like BD for the best example) seem to know from day one exactly what to do to design a show that constantly serves up varied, entertaining moments, and how they are going to layer them into the show

Except that BD aren't nearly as open about sharing what they are doing. GH, like him or not, is very transparent about the design process. You wouldn't know if BD changes their minds 3x or has fights among the designers. They don't publicize it.

Does Cadets 2006 even deserve to be compared to 14 or 15?