Cadets 2016

Tobias

As much as I absolutely love Cadets, I have to agree with you. Stuff like that should be decided before the season starts. It is not beneficial to the members when these types of drastic decisions are being made deep into the season.

Not only is it not beneficial to the members, it has to be down right detrimental to the corps' financial bottom line. Unless they've worked up the deal of all deals with Demoulin to get free uniforms every time they decide to change it up, this is going to cost them money.

Money that shouldn't need to be spent.

Maybe money that you and I donated.

Which may cause me to be a tad more reluctant in donating moving forward.

• Like 1

I just don't understand a change to new uniforms. The current uniform is quite sharp!

I'm just gonna grab my popcorn and enjoy the reactions when the Cadets make another uniform change

• Like 3

My goodness how much cash does Cadets have? It's unreal how quickly they seem to be able to pour an awesome amount of money into show redesign mid-season. New uniforms FOR THE ENTIRE CORPS? Holy hell.

In the past, every year they did not buy new uniforms they took what it would have cost and put it in a jar. Recently, when they saw they were up to $46,922,846 they said hey, we could be spending some of this.

I'm just gonna grab my popcorn and enjoy the reactions when the Cadets make another uniform change

That should be fun to watch (and participate in).

Well I for one am glad they are looking at a uniform change. I don't like the all black as I've stated.

How do we judge what they should and shouldn't spend money on? Every show has a bunch of expenses to it. I'm guessing what they think will look good prior to the season may or may not work. The Cadets have done this before. Remember 2011's guard uniform change. Made a huge difference. Concept shows are what gets rewarded now.

I was encouraged by the more recent scores and video. I was also thinking the Cadets seem to work backwards from some of the other corps. I get the impression the BD start out with a concept, map out a story, come up with a visual plan, then go find music to fit it. The Cadets seem to pick music, then figure out how to make the theme work with it. Pines of Appian Way sure seems to fit better as a closer than opener if one is just listening to the music.

Well I for one am glad they are looking at a uniform change. I don't like the all black as I've stated.

How do we judge what they should and shouldn't spend money on? Every show has a bunch of expenses to it. I'm guessing what they think will look good prior to the season may or may not work. The Cadets have done this before. Remember 2011's guard uniform change. Made a huge difference. Concept shows are what gets rewarded now.

I was encouraged by the more recent scores and video. I was also thinking the Cadets seem to work backwards from some of the other corps. I get the impression the BD start out with a concept, map out a story, come up with a visual plan, then go find music to fit it. The Cadets seem to pick music, then figure out how to make the theme work with it. Pines of Appian Way sure seems to fit better as a closer than opener if one is just listening to the music.

Yeah in my opinion, that was one of the best changes they made to that show (although I didn't really have too much of a problem with the old ones either). Regardless, those updated uniforms had much more detail (especially the "demons") than the old ones. I hope the change this season has the same effect.

• Like 2

So let me ask an ignorant question.

Do the DCI uniform companies act like the college football uniform companies, and offer incentives to wear their uniforms over someone else's? I would have to believe that being the official uniform creator for Cadets goes s long long way when you are selling uniforms to high schools and universities. And like Nike with Oregon, the more the merrier.

And if they don't, why wouldn't they? I would imagine a little Nike logo on the Oregon jersies is literally a small price to pay for free uniforms.

• Like 2

You clearly haven't seen or head Devils yet.

Sorry, I mis-stated what I meant, was that a sustained musical piece is no longer expected or rewarded.

So let me ask an ignorant question.

Do the DCI uniform companies act like the college football uniform companies, and offer incentives to wear their uniforms over someone else's? I would have to believe that being the official uniform creator for Cadets goes s long long way when you are selling uniforms to high schools and universities. And like Nike with Oregon, the more the merrier.

And if they don't, why wouldn't they? I would imagine a little Nike logo on the Oregon jersies is literally a small price to pay for free uniforms.

Sounds like a great idea, if the high schools and universities have relatively extensive knowledge of drum corps. I don't really follow high school or college marching band so I do not know how much knowledge each entity has on drum corps.