Cadets 2016

Tobias

Sounds like a great idea, if the high schools and universities have relatively extensive knowledge of drum corps. I don't really follow high school or college marching band so I do not know how much knowledge each entity has on drum corps.

How many alumni of DCI corps now direct high school and college bands? Heck we have two here in Franklin, Tennessee. The reach is much greater than you may realize. And if you sell band uniforms for a living, what else could you use to sell your brand?!

Uniform and equipment companies donate millions of dollars of stuff to college athletics programs in trade for exclusive visibility rights. You may not notice that Vanderbilt baseball uses Demarini bats, but you can bet your *ss every high school and lower tier college program knows it.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to a new uniform, but I think it's a little ridiculous.

This is a direct byproduct of not being able to settle in on a CLEAR concept/theme in the off season.

... Just can't seem to get out of their own way sometimes.

Well..... It was mentioned in March by design team to do this but the Fuhr said he wanted black. At least he's yielding now and not the week before nationals. It's early enough and the changes HAVE been positive so I'm

Staying optimistic...

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I had lunch today (clamcakes and chowdah) at Rocky Point Amusement kitchen, Rt. 1, Warwick, RI. Although the amusement park closed decades ago, the recipes live on here. [Rocky Point was the amusement park where Ron Nelson spent vacation before penning his notable RPH.} Should I send them 150 hungry Cadets?

• Like 1

Back when I was in high school (in Maryland), we purchased from Demoulin because that's what the Cadets used. Heck, I remember the sales representative gave me that year's Cadets season CD for helping him carry stuff from his car to our band room.

When I bought my first decent trumpet, I purchased from the same brand that BD was using at the time. Drum corps members are superstars to high school kids

• Like 1

There is a lot of talk about new uniforms. Do you know for sure it was the poster just writing wishful thinking?

• Like 1

Hope it works better than last year. It was an absolute understatement to say that they completely changed how I watched that show last year. I'm cautiously optimistic about going to something lighter though........

the common comment of judging tapes and experienced visual viewers is that the black is too dark for an already dark show.

The oversized grey plumes rarely stay straight expecially after mountain climbing the wedding cake and repelling off the cupcake. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

• Like 1

There is a lot of talk about new uniforms. Do you know for sure it was the poster just writing wishful thinking?

Read my post: Hopkins said this out loud to the corps (and gathered parents, sponsors, etc.) at Lynn. It was a public comment.now made to the corps 3x.

the common comment of judging tapes and experienced visual viewers is that the black is too dark for an already dark show.

I just don't understand this. It's a dark show. They are playing dark music. The uniforms enhance the dark music.

Imagine '82/'83 revised if the judging community had told Garfield "Your drill is kind of crazy and we don't like it" - and then Garfield listened to them.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

I just don't understand this. It's a dark show. They are playing dark music. The uniforms enhance the dark music.

Imagine '82/'83 revised if the judging community had told Garfield "Your drill is kind of crazy and we don't like it" - and then Garfield listened to them.

I guess the thing is more of the score comes from the uniforms nowadays? That seems to be the sentiment, but I don't know this as fact. I'm just assuming.