Cadets 2016

Tobias

Pretty sure the fast part happens, the human runs and confronts the Adonis at the very end and all the statues end up human. It's like a 20 second tag plus other changes in the closer....

When does the little girl pop outta nowhere and suddenly it all makes sense?

• Like 2

When does the little girl pop outta nowhere and suddenly it all makes sense?

It's real easy to follow now. Are you actually confused or do you just choose to be? There are two "story" shows in the top 5 - Cadets & Crown, both similarly obtuse but there if you choose to follow them. These aren't tragedy with 4 acts

In mid-June I said that this show could end up being great, or flop and end up out of the top 5. They're less than .5 above 6th. 5th in music, 6th in GE and Visual at San Antonio. Why is pointing out that this show has flaws so controversial?

"Boo all you want, you know I'm right." -Chris Rock

• Like 1

Pretty sure the fast part happens, the human runs and confronts the Adonis at the very end and all the statues end up human. It's like a 20 second tag plus other changes in the closer....

Cadets have a few weeks to clean. We haven't seen them clean yet with all the changes. I'm not expecting them to win but maybe the show can finally click from a design standpoint. Sully has been helping with rewrites and he taught Jeff so he's pretty strong, Cleaning should help the brass and percussion scores. If nothing else, I just dont see them as a 5th place in music. You can fight me with visual stuff but the music they still do well and I think that's been held back because of constant changes. Call me an eternal optimist. BTW, when did Crown 2015 start to surge last year? I know they were 5th at some regionals last year..

Cadets have a few weeks to clean. We haven't seen them clean yet with all the changes. I'm not expecting them to win but maybe the show can finally click from a design standpoint. Sully has been helping with rewrites and he taught Jeff so he's pretty strong, Cleaning should help the brass and percussion scores. If nothing else, I just dont see them as a 5th place in music. You can fight me with visual stuff but the music they still do well and I think that's been held back because of constant changes. Call me an eternal optimist. BTW, when did Crown 2015 start to surge last year? I know they were 5th at some regionals last year..

The challenge is not the cleaning of the music but that the new viz staff also means not only new designers and instructors, but that the veteran master cleaners are not with the '16 corps either.

It will be a very critical make or break time for the new kids on the block.

They were up to 3rd in San Antonio, 2nd by Nashville, 1st in Atlanta.

Saw them in June then again recently, loved the music but disappointed by the lack of visual progress. My non-drum corps friend, who didn’t even know their name when they finished preforming said it best, they look clumsy and awkward

The props are a liability, the front stage and visual doesn’t work. The field is unbalanced. This will be very much enjoyed on headphones as I like the book but the Cadets need to take a walk in the woods during the off season

I’d split the pit, consolidate the front stage (or lose it all together) as the two compete against each other and both lose. The cakes are not much better....only cleaning will save this show

Well, that is just way too funny. That chuckle will carry me through at least three long meetings, today.