Cadets 2016

Tobias

Hadn't seen this one before

Percussion only run of Villa Borghese at the second Cadets January camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZckXGb-BY

And a similar video, this time Pines of Appian Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8p3SDOFa8

Percussion only...

Glad this thread has regained some steam. I was starting to worry for a little bit that no one was interested in Cadets anymore.

200 pages by Easter?

It's because Cadets hired some band guy.

• Like 2

If you are one of the Cadet fans having problems connecting with their FB page via the link on the side of their web page, don't fret.

While the problem awaits getting fixed, zip over to dci.org, click the corps tab, scroll down to The Cadets, and click the FB logo to the right of the corps' name (next to the Twitter logo.) Amazingly, the FB page for The Cadets pops up immediately. Adjusting to new design and drill staffs should be so easy. :-)

Edited by xandandl

And a similar video, this time Pines of Appian Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8p3SDOFa8

Percussion only...

I appreciate the links but, if you're going to listen to the drumline, you only need to watch this for now:

(skip to about 1:10 to bypass pre-show)

(And thanks, GD. This is so tasty it just rips my innards out. Can't WAIT to see this open the show. GOOSEBUMPS!)

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

It's getting serious now ... actually booked my hotel room at the Alexander in Indy for 4 nights in August. :shutup:

And purchased tickets for Thursday - Saturday.

Luckily, my son is earning enough playing gigs this Easter weekend to pay for those tickets.

And this, The Borgese:

OMG! Their stick control is just amazing!

I gotta point this out because it's just amazing. Here's a lesson in "splits" that can only be seen if you pay close attention (or if you're a judge standing on the field in front of the line).

Watch the snares from the beginning and you'll see the stick beads are all uniform, rising for accents at the same time and playing down close to the head at the same stick height. But when they come back in at the 1:20 mark things start to change. At 1:25 they "split" the sticking pattern so the stick beads rise and accent at different partials of the music. The easiest way to see it is to NOT focus on the sticks but, rather, stare at the face of the center snare and see the sticks in peripheral; you'll see the beads rising at different partials.

Remember Crown '13 and the spinning pyramid? You had to watch it several times to get it? Yeah, this is like that. Watch this several times until you see it.

There are those among us fans and gurus who believe that the drum judge should be removed from the field for "safety" sake. I contend that there's no way a judge would see this kind of quality and talent from the box.

This, here, is some incredible writing and playing. Way to go, Cadets drumline. I am seriously impressed.

Holy CRAP!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3