Cadets 2016

Tobias

I think the point is most people when discussing this particular topic are focused on how clean CadetGuard used to be and she'll get them back to that level of performance but yes, it is design that makes the guard, show...

It wasn't Crown's great level of performance in guard last season alone but the glorious writing, (I'm using them as the example because they should have won guard).

exactly!

I think the point is most people when discussing this particular topic are focused on how clean CadetGuard used to be and she'll get them back to that level of performance but yes, it is design that makes the guard, show...

It wasn't Crown's great level of performance in guard last season alone but the glorious writing, (I'm using them as the example because they should have won guard).

SHOULD have is the operative term but they gave it up finals night. Watch the end of the show on side two and you'll see one guard person WAAAAAAAY off her/his dot and then was late on the toss to the ground right before they ran under that tarp. Just one example of how an excellent guard got complacent and BD took it.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Back to Cadets:

Last camp this weekend before S.T. and semester exams...

maybe even a hornline trip outside.

GH just posted that Cadets will march 36 in guard, C2 will have 32 in guard.

If anyone would like to assist financially with a few struggling Cadets working their tails off to maintain high grades while employed at several jobs to raise corps tour fees but still struggling financially, PM me. No amount too small and they will be very grateful.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

SHOULD have is the operative term but they gave it up finals night. Watch the end of the show on side two and you'll see one guard person WAAAAAAAY off her/his dot and then was late on the toss to the ground right before they ran under that tarp. Just one example of how an excellent guard got complacent and BD took it.

That's fascinating, and really a bummer as a fan/instructor. It's always disappointing when a corps "gives away" points due to complacent performing and not going for that absolute perfection always (even if what you say was simply a brain fart or minor lapse, still seems like something that shouldn't happen at that caliber on Finals night).

Do you happen to know how those numbers compare to previous years out of curiosity?

Cadets marched 40 last year. Not sure about the C2 Guard.
  • Like 1

That's fascinating, and really a bummer as a fan/instructor. It's always disappointing when a corps "gives away" points due to complacent performing and not going for that absolute perfection always (even if what you say was simply a brain fart or minor lapse, still seems like something that shouldn't happen at that caliber on Finals night).

Um... they lost guard to BD at Semis and Finals - they lost to BD at Chester in PA days before finals week - they did beat BD at San Antonio by .1 - so it wasn't a shocker that they lost... it was virtually a toss up a couple weeks before finals night

BD grew more than anyone else the last 2 weeks of the season - all phases of their show. JMO

Um... they lost guard to BD at Semis and Finals - they lost to BD at Chester in PA days before finals week - they did beat BD at San Antonio by .1 - so it wasn't a shocker that they lost... it was virtually a toss up a couple weeks before finals night

BD grew more than anyone else the last 2 weeks of the season - all phases of their show. JMO

IDK, I didn't see BD's show grow. In fact, I thought it was a very beatable show.

IDK, I didn't see BD's show grow. In fact, I thought it was a very beatable show.

all top 4 were for different reasons...

BD was the most balanced