Cadets 2016

Tobias

BD grew more than anyone else the last 2 weeks of the season - all phases of their show. JMO

Agree. BD ( for them ) was a youngish Corps overall last season. They grew and matured as the season unfolded. BD peaked at exactly the right time too.... Finals Night. The fact that BD did not allow the penalty that put them into 4th in Quarters get into their collective psyche heads, was worth noting too. Crown gave an inspired performance at Quarters & Semi's but seemed a bit flat and timid with their performance on Finals Night. This gave the slight door opening that BD needed. BD walked thru that opening and opportunistically hit it out of the park with their stellar and inspired performance on Finals Nite,.. to get the win and by a pretty comfortable margin as it turned out too.

Edited by BRASSO

Agree. BD ( for them ) was a youngish Corps overall last season. They grew and matured as the season unfolded. BD peaked at exactly the right time too.... Finals Night. The fact that BD did not allow the penalty that put them into 4th in Quarters get into their collective psyche heads, was worth noting too. Crown gave an inspired performance at Quarters & Semi's but seemed a bit flat and timid with their performance on Finals Night. This gave the slight door opening that BD needed. BD walked thru that opening and opportunistically hit it out of the park with their stellar and inspired performance on Finals Nite,.. to get the win and by a pretty comfortable margin as it turned out too.

EXACTLY. That team knows how to win. It's like Patriots in the last minute of a game. You better not give them a door to walk through. And I say this as a Ravens fan lol

Grew?

They brought out the water hose, totality wimped on their attempt at a nice symmetrical visual, made it one –sided. I thought it killed the entire effect, judges didn’t agree

I would have had them in third

Grew?

They brought out the water hose, totality wimped on their attempt at a nice symmetrical visual, made it one –sided. I thought it killed the entire effect, judges didn’t agree

They cleaned the drill and hosed it for sure. Clean visual means everything. See Cadets in 4th if you have questions :(

Grew?

Dennis Delucia... who seems to know a bit about drumming said on air.... and before the scores were announced...... that ( quote ) " I'm not too sure about Crown's drumming . They seemed a bit off to me in several stages of their show's performance tonite ". The 2 Percussion judges ultimately agreed with DD on Crown's Drums Finals performance too.... both Percussion judges had Crown in 5th place in Percussion Finals Nite. Had Crown had a top 4 drumline on Finals Nite, it might've been a different story for them. BD however was was solid as a rock, and across the board, in all captions... especially when it mattered... on Finals Nite.

Edited by BRASSO

Grew?

They brought out the water hose, totality wimped on their attempt at a nice symmetrical visual, made it one sided. I thought it killed the entire effect, judges didnt agree

Agreed. I had them in 3rd with the top 4 all within a point. Judges numbers for BD were very generous. I would have put Coats at top. Great captions, balanced program.
  • Like 1

yup, on May fourth with the designers. This is standard operating procedure over the past couple of seasons.

I'm actually registered also. I've enjoyed these. I really enjoyed the one for 2013 when they talked about the musical design and how the opener would play under the entire program... You can pick up a lot of interesting things earlier by listening to these

I really enjoy how they open up the creative process for us fans and supporters. Frankly it makes me feel more vested in the corps in some subtle way

I really hope we hear more about the visual approach for the summer = sounds pretty complex and very different. I'm sure they won't let all the cats out of the bag (uniforms?) but we should get some interesting nuggets.