Cadets 2016

Tobias

Kristy just arrived today. She has a day to dive into that guard and start to clean.

Love Cadets opener! For those people complaining they are dirty, well it is June for goodness sake. I am not a big fan of the stage/ramp out front because I find it distracting. Maybe that will change once I see the show live from a good vantage point. I feel like it is more of a barrier than a stage. Still, I love what I have seen so far, and I know this show will change and evolve to become something wonderful.

Love Cadets opener! For those people complaining they are dirty, well it is June for goodness sake. I am not a big fan of the stage/ramp out front because I find it distracting. Maybe that will change once I see the show live from a good vantage point. I feel like it is more of a barrier than a stage. Still, I love what I have seen so far, and I know this show will change and evolve to become something wonderful.

Glad you like it even in its filthy state!

The stage really isn't very high and isn't any more obtrusive than the panels other corps will set up to put flag changes etc behind. It does allow a contribution of energy to the show when brass players run up onto it and play some runs. It's a rush of energy. The show is raw for sure but I like the direction of emotion and energy that's building (something Cadets have missed for a while). Once it's tweaked, layered and cleaned, it should be very hot to watch and competitive...

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Hey All,

Been thinking about this thread nonstop since yesterday, and I just wanted to apologize for the way I handled things. Reflecting back, I should have just said I was concerned about a corps I love rather than being a jerk about it. I am really sorry. I didn't start posting here to make enemies. I need to learn to reflect on what I want to say, edit it in my mind, then say it. I'm really sorry to those whom I upset or offended. Have a good day all.

Henry.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 8

Hey All,

Been thinking about this thread nonstop since yesterday, and I just wanted to apologize for the way I handled things. Reflecting back, I should have just said I was concerned about a corps I love rather than being a jerk about it. I am really sorry. I didn't start posting here to make enemies. I need to learn to reflect on what I want to say, edit it in my mind, then say it. I'm really sorry to those whom I upset or offended. Have a good day all.

Henry.

Henry - no worries at all. In no when did it get personal or "heated"

It's hard to hear "tough love" for some of us. The corps is in a messy state right now, hopefully by July things will come into focus. I do agree with you some changes are needed, sometimes things "get worse before they get better"

Am I the only one who hears a little bit of Re:Rite of Spring in the closer?

Henry - no worries at all. In no when did it get personal or "heated"

It's hard to hear "tough love" for some of us. The corps is in a messy state right now, hopefully by July things will come into focus. I do agree with you some changes are needed, sometimes things "get worse before they get better"

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm such an idiot sometimes running off with my mouth. I'm still not sure about the Cadets show, but I should have voiced that in a much better way. I can't guarantee my idiocy won't return, but I will try.

• Like 1