Cadets 2016

Tobias

So...

Gap between Cadets and Crown tomorrow night? Any guess on the over or under? I'd also include Bluecoats but we've seen nothing...

Any predictions?

1. Bluecoats

2. Crown +0.8

3. Cadets +1.7

So...

Gap between Cadets and Crown tomorrow night? Any guess on the over or under? I'd also include Bluecoats but we've seen nothing...

Any predictions?

Rankings USUALLY follow the previous year (first time viewing) so I would say:

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Cadets

Gaps depend on if it's full or partial panel. If partial, is there a percussion judge (favor to Cadets), if it's more of a visual/guard judge (favor to Crown).

Speculation:

Crown +1.4

Bluecoats +.8

Cadets

(Mid-July: another ballgame)...

You are the one who used the word "just". There's nothing inherently minimizing about referring to a marching band as a marching band. I would wager that most everyone here became a different person as a result of his or her experiences in marching band. It's no small thing at all for most of us.

Oh, of course (many) drum corps performances are on an entirely different level than most high school or college marching bands. That's why we like it, right? And obviously there are many other differences between school bands and top drum corps aside from rehearsal time. I disagree that they are different activities, though. An Olympic marathoner and a 10-minute miler are both runners. People who march (or dance or spin, etc.) with others on a football field playing an instrument are part of a band. If you want to call a particular band a "drum corps" instead, feel free. But it's still a band.

I just think it's funny that some people get offended over issues of nomenclature. Especially when they call someone else out as "high and mighty".

Well don't act so high and mighty about it and you won't be called out.

New Cadet trumpet Dad Eleran answered this elsewhere on DCP today:

Posted Today, 01:45 PM

DrumManTx, on 21 Jun 2016 - 9:27 PM, said:snapback.png

1. The gardens at the Villa Borghese were created to house sculptures by Bernini (see below sample picture)
  2. The pines within the Villa Borghese and along the Appian Way are of the species Pinus pinea, which are known colloquially as the Stone Pine

rome042803-059.JPG

Capiche?" (thus endeth the reading of Eleran)

X: Wouldn't that duplicated center statue (GH?, GD?) make a great impressive, emotional prop and allow Adonis to put clothes back on before the sunburn sidelines him for the season?

OT....make sure you spend time at the Villa if you visit Rome. It was a highlight for us a few years back.

Live on FB, with the new plumes. That kid in the navy shorts - his triangle is too obtuse! And his feet aren't even. And he needs to be a skosh left & back.

13495260_1408351675847214_14407035404979

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

Well don't act so high and mighty about it and you won't be called out.

Yeah, okay. But see, here's something: You've called me "high and mighty" twice now, on the heels of a snarky comment about the term "drum corps" versus "marching band" - a distinction that might be seen by some as sort of elitist (in other words - high and mighty). Who are you to decide who or what is high and mighty? Sounds a bit high and mighty, dontcha think?

Anyway, I used to get defensive about "drum corps" or "marching band", too. Not anymore, though. Why should it matter?