Cadets 2016

Tobias

Hey, are we getting white plumes?

I remember there being white plumes for some reason.

• Like 1

Yes

• Like 1

I love when people minimize the activity by saying "it's just marching band". It's "just marching band" that you are apparently following as well so let's not get all high and mighty.

It's a defense mechanism for some.

Mixed silver with some black. I would prefer white

WHAT???? Some people being tempermental on DCP??? WHAT ??? :silly:

I love when people minimize the activity by saying "it's just marching band". It's "just marching band" that you are apparently following as well so let's not get all high and mighty.

You are the one who used the word "just". There's nothing inherently minimizing about referring to a marching band as a marching band. I would wager that most everyone here became a different person as a result of his or her experiences in marching band. It's no small thing at all for most of us.

You are the one who used the word "just". There's nothing inherently minimizing about referring to a marching band as a marching band. I would wager that most everyone here became a different person as a result of his or her experiences in marching band. It's no small thing at all for most of us.

Agreed, but I think what he's saying is that the work and time that goes into perfecting a drum corps show is on a whole other level than a marching band show. I mean, marching bands don't practice 8-12 hours a day perfecting a 10 minute show. That's why it's minimizing to us in drum corps to be called a marching band. I have seen a lot of marching band shows I like (and obviously a ton of work goes into the design of these shows these days), but to me they just can't compare to drum corps. The amount of practice the top corps put in takes their programs to a whole different level than marching band shows. Doesn't mean marching bands are bad, or don't have the same level of talent - we all know what it takes to play and move. They are just different activities.

Edited by henry7184