Cadets 2016

Tobias

How about a show with the entire field covered in a tarp..doing a salute to Monte Python with Bernstein undiscovered music. :wacko:

• Like 3

Which is why I believe they could do their traditional-type show with a "modern" twist.

I couldn't agree with you more.

• Like 1

Darn that story thing always screws up a good idea lol

To be honest, I would have loved Crown's show this year so much more if I didn't feel I had to try to follow their story. I was so focused on their new ending I totally missed their crown set. For me, at least, their story line is minus. I loved last year's show ... I wanted it to win. It didn't have a linear, or literal story, but it was awesome. Sometimes, the story does get in the way of the production.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

How about a show with the entire field covered in a tarp..doing a salute to Monte Python with Bernstein undiscovered music. :wacko:

Actually, that sounds kind of fun, other than the Bernstien estate is no longer santioning Leanord's music to be arranged other than how it was arranged originally.

To be honest, I would have loved Crown's show this year so much more if I didn't feel I had to try to follow their story. I was so focused on their new ending I totally missed their crown set. For me, at least, their story line is minus. I loved last year's show ... I wanted it to win. It didn't have a linear, or literal story, but it was awesome. Sometimes, the story does get in the way of the production.

That's the beauty of Bluecoats' and BD's shows lately. Both corps just present a theme or idea, and then have many elements of the theme displayed but no story to follow.

• Like 1

Have you listened to it?

I saw the show and I enjoyed it but didn't find it as transformational as everyone in NYC seems to

Personally I enjoyed his prior show The Heights more

I will listen to the score

• Like 1

So to change the topic a bit ____ what is upside for the cadets this Saturday? 4th the highest they could go or anyone think a medal is an outside chance?

I saw the show and I enjoyed it but didn't find it as transformational as everyone in NYC seems to

Personally I enjoyed his prior show The Heights more

I will listen to the score

OMG THE HEIGHTS IS GROUNDBREAKING....

...and I'm not just saying that because I'm from NYC.

• Like 1

So to change the topic a bit ____ what is upside for the cadets this Saturday? 4th the highest they could go or anyone think a medal is an outside chance?

I am pretty sure 4th is the goal, and after the Sully touch, I think it is achievable.

• Like 2