Troopers 2016

If I were a betting girl (and I am) I'd say the announcement will be that after 58 years they have finally decided to induct me into their hall of fame as their sexiest fan. It's long over due as I only have a few years left in my prime before I start getting saggy. The only thing that I ask is for a field pass to their shows and who knows...maybe I'll be able to sneak up on Mr. Hopkins and rekindle what once was.

• Like 3

If I were a betting girl (and I am) I'd say the announcement will be that after 58 years they have finally decided to induct me into their hall of fame as their sexiest fan. It's long over due as I only have a few years left in my prime before I start getting saggy. The only thing that I ask is for a field pass to their shows and who knows...maybe I'll be able to sneak up on Mr. Hopkins and rekindle what once was.

You homewrecker, you!!!

Haven't you been following the winter threads, Granny? You'd know his heart has turned to color guard and his current pitter patter isn't just flams and diddles.

Another shoot-out at the OK corral may be just too much for us pristine DCPers. Consider the children and Cappybarra.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

My Spidey Sense tells me all the supposed intrigue is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, a bit of fun. If I were a betting man, I would not put my money on anything profound. I have no special knowledge, only a gut feel.

Are you saying that there actually ARE things on DCP which are not profound??? Really??? Say it isn't so, Joe....say it isn't so. (Carried off into the distance by my little 8-year-old legs, sniffling in abject disappointment. Please God, for the love of all that is most holy.....)

Edited by HornTeacher

Troop's been doing some cool social-media work, including an 11-part (get it?) video series on different members of the corps. You can see them at their You Tube channel. The first one zoomed in on the drum major. Here's the second one.

(Anyone around here know how to embed a YT video player directly into a post? This one should be safely within the bounds of the DCP video policy. It's a public video from a publicly accessible YT channel -- a video meant to be seen and shared, created by Troopers themselves.)

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

nm

Edited by troopers1

Troop's been doing some cool social-media work, including an 11-part (get it?) video series on different members of the corps. You can see them at their

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCXZHs06D0z9YG2vCSZ0mzg

. The first one zoomed in on the drum major.

https://youtu.be/hk-OeON5fCg

Hope that works

Edit: it didn't, I guess I can only do it on a desktop

Edited by littlejaw

Word from Trooperland is that the corps will livestream its annual tribute to Jim Jones on SATURDAY, June 11, from their spring training site in Indiana.

Jones was laid to rest on June 11, 1994, in Casper. Each June 11, at 11 a.m. Mountain Time, the corps takes a break from rehearsal and assembles, faces toward Casper and plays the "Battle Hymn" chorale. It is a brass-only presentation, with the color guard and percussion sections attending. At least, that's the way the corps has presented it in previous years.

The presentation is scheduled to be livestreamed via the Troopers' main Facebook page. The stream will begin at 10:55 a.m. Casper time. That's 12:55 p.m. Eastern.

EDIT: Times corrected.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3

Thanks for that heads up on the live stream. Its also pretty cool to learn how the Troopers honor their Corps Founder in this fashion.

• Like 2