Troopers 2016

I'm so glad I marched in a era where there was no social media.

I'm not a fan of the new Troopers uniform, however, I do understand why they made the change.

I hear ya! There was something about being surprised, wonder, anticipation , even politeness verses rudeness that is different in many cases today. It's instant gratification today , Not a bad thing in many cases BUT not a good thing in many also. IMO we have turned into a society of entitlement and a need to know or right to know right at this minute. Oh well with good comes bad so we have to take both to have one.T

Troopers, I am so glad you decided to update and take a chance. I personally did like the rendering BUT also know renderings and what shows up can be very different . Hope your risk works for you and IF it doesn't , so what change it. Other corps have done the same.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I hear ya! There was something about being surprised, wonder, anticipation , even politeness verses rudeness that is different in many cases today. It's instant gratification today ,

I don't know. Society in the US has always been somewhat of an agressive one, imo. Politicians for the highest public office once settled differences not by verbal gymnastics but by gun duels to the death ( Heard of Hamilton- Burr ?) We find more instant gratification as a compelling need today than ever before. So I do agree with you on that. As fo DCI Drum Corps, on the whole, I find todays marchers FAR more " polite " to one another in other Corps, than Corps BITD, before DCI... and thats a tribute to today's marchers in DCI. That said, I have noticed some disrespect in the stands by some of the young, talking loudly on cell phones and loudly to others, when Corps are in performance. And whats with the recent phenomena of parents bringing their infants to shows, and the baby crying throughout the performance ?. Yes, I have had a momentary lapse of good judgement with a passing thought of tossing babies down at the field when a Corps does their closer. But thats not the better Angel in me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I don't know. Society in the US has always been somewhat of an agressive one, imo. Politicians for the highest public office once settled differences not by verbal gymnastics but by gun duels to the death ( Heard of Hamilton- Burr ?) We find more instant gratification as a compelling need today than ever before. So I do agree with you on that. As fo DCI Drum Corps, on the whole, I find todays marchers FAR more " polite " to one another in other Corps, than Corps BITD, before DCI... and thats a tribute to today's marchers in DCI. That said, I have noticed some disrespect in the stands by some of the young, talking loudly on cell phones and loudly to others, when Corps are in performance. And whats with the recent phenomena of parents bringing their infants to shows, and the baby crying throughout the performance ?. Yes, I have had a momentary lapse of good judgement with a passing thought of tossing babies down at the field when a Corps does their closer. But thats not the better Angel in me.

I agree with you on several points here I guess you are right about agressiveness. I totally agree with you on the " NEED" for instant gratification...I also agree MMs are very polite ( I actually meant on line stuff in general ) I also agree about in the stands..very annoying ...Im with ya on all of it

• Like 2

I agree with you on several points here I guess you are right about agressiveness. I totally agree with you on the " NEED" for instant gratification...I also agree MMs are very polite ( I actually meant on line stuff in general ) I also agree about in the stands..very annoying ...Im with ya on all of it

Stop the presses... Guardling and me agree on all points. Even the coffee smells better today. ITS A NEW DAY !! Well, until tomorrow when I probably will want Guardling scorched by the heat of a thousand suns. ( haha!) But till then, there is a ceasefire and a detente.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Overall, I'm... surprisingly okay with them. Minor tweaks needed (the belt really needs to either be removed or anchored to the jacket - the problem is that no two people have the same hips so the angle will always be hard to make consistent), but overall it's workable.

Mike

I'm ok with the new look of the Troopers. I prefer other Troopers uniforms over the years than this year's version. But I don't see this year's version as all that " out there" on the fringe. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their own take on it too, of course.

I hear ya! There was something about being surprised, wonder, anticipation , even politeness verses rudeness that is different in many cases today. It's instant gratification today , Not a bad thing in many cases BUT not a good thing in many also. IMO we have turned into a society of entitlement and a need to know or right to know right at this minute. Oh well with good comes bad so we have to take both to have one.T

Troopers, I am so glad you decided to update and take a chance. I personally did like the rendering BUT also know renderings and what shows up can be very different . Hope your risk works for you and IF it doesn't , so what change it. Other corps have done the same.

Kinda' sorta' like Christmas morning, isn't it?