Hard Corps reality show topics - make your pitch!

Per staff.

Well let's see.

Cadets' present brass supervisor for almost fifteen years, Gino Cipriani was on BD brass staff from 1990-1999 and won a few Otts there plus at Cadets as did Steve Bentley, trumpet supervisor at modern Cadets.. Professor Bentley continues to do some clinics and European sessions in recent years for the Concord organization. Gary Bratten who passed away not that long ago also shared BD and Cadets histories having spent time with each among other corps.

Gino and Steve are also alums of BD on the member side....marched with both of them in 84.

Gino 83-85 soprano (hence Gi-no ring Cipriani (even I don't ave a nickname like THAT!) "A" corps brass staff 90-99.

Steve was 84-85 on flugelhorn. "A" corps brass staff 96-2006,

Edited by 84BDsop

Gino and Steve are also alums of BD on the member side....marched with both of them in 84.

Gino 83-85 soprano (hence Gi-no ring Cipriani (even I don't ave a nickname like THAT!) "A" corps brass staff 90-99.

Steve was 84-85 on flugelhorn. "A" corps brass staff 96-2006,

Thanks.

I always think of Gino, a Florida native, with his time back with his marching days down there.

what happens when the judges disagree with the perceived greatness of the programs?

Ooh. An interesting thought. I could be wrong, but unlike say NFL and Hard Knocks, this show appears to be an engagement between the corps and the production companies. (DCI does not share the press release on their website. They only shared on their social media. And even then, it was a day behind the actual corps). If there is no DCI involvement, the corps could freely stir up a pot and present whatever their heart desires about the organization. Which could be interesting to die hard drum corps fans in more ways than one. Not sure that the general viewer would give much of a rat.

Edited by mingusmonk

OK. So production could try and stir up some staff "frenemy" angles. .... check mark for that one.

Ooh. An interesting thought. I could be wrong, but unlike say NFL and Hard Knocks, this show appears to be an engagement between the corps and the production companies. (DCI does not share the press release on their website. They only shared on their social media. And even then, it was a day behind the actual corps). If there is no DCI involvement, the corps could freely stir up a pot and present whatever their heart desires about the organization. Which could be interesting to die hard drum corps fans in more ways than one. Not sure that the general viewer would give much of a rat.

just a tiny, little bittee, wee technicality?

Who pays the licensing on any corps music used?

Or is it going to be a movie of interviews, voice-overs, and editorials???.................sans any music by either corps.

LOVE! :inlove: Boyfriends/girlfriends that tour together! Oh the drama!
LOVE across distance! :inlove: :unsure: Boyfriends/girlfriends that tour with different corps! Oh the unkown and the drama!
LOVE across enemy lines! :inlove: :mad: :wub: Boyfriends/girlfriends that tour with the enemy! Specifically BD/Cadets!

What about boyfriends/boyfriends within corps and "Love across distance!" with other corps. Oh the drama and tears on finals night.

just a tiny, little bittee, wee technicality?

Who pays the licensing on any corps music used?

Or is it going to be a movie of interviews, voice-overs, and editorials???.................sans any music by either corps.

I'm no lawyer. If logic prevails, the production company would be responsible for clearing licensing for whatever media they intend to utilize. We know they would need to clear it for TV broadcasts. Will Fuse be streaming of episodes? Dunno.

No music from the corps could be very likely......

For us older folks kinda like seeing a film clip of Tony Orlando singing "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" at his stage show. Yes... SEEING him sing it as TO was allowed to perform the song but audio on a recording was a no-no. Man that was in the 80s IIRC.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

What about boyfriends/boyfriends within corps and "Love across distance!" with other corps. Oh the drama and tears on finals night.

Huh. I wasn't strictly pairing boys and girls with that slash. I was definitely figuring any combination of "all of the above." Fuse is targetting a young and diverse crowd after their rebranding. They already have 2 shows dealing with issues around gender norms. Big Freedia and Transcendent. So ... of course!

Edited by mingusmonk

What happens when the judges disagree with the perceived greatness of the programs?

Yes, it would be quite the twist if neither corps finishes in first place.