Hard Corps reality show topics - make your pitch!

Some of these make me laugh. I wish this wasn't so associated with reality TV as much as a documentary to show what actually happens. There is really no controversy suitable for reality TV. Why does one have to exist or be fabricated? Why can't this exist on it's own merits? The world is scary enough besides having to produce something that does not exist.

Unfortunately, the answer would be. " who would watch " even many of us actually doing this day in and out all winter and summer long would be quite board. reality tv is all about the drama. THAT sells all of these shows.

A documentary I would think would be much more controlled.

what's the over/under projection on 'longest uninterrupted music sequence during the run of the series' ?

rights issues aside (different can of worms), and of course it matters on the approachability of the music, but how much Marching Music will a reality show give airtime to?

if the show were made for the initiated, every ep would be 1/4 to 1/3 performance, I imagine. But that's not the wide audience.

I'm not familiar with reality tv procedure, but I would be incredibly put off if I were to watch a show which had a conceit of people Preparing for something but never actually showed the final product. But how many of the people tuning in for the Drama and the Story would want a 12min show? ideally, after investing in the series, hopefully many. that is the best outcome.

but my initial speculation is 2m55s of pure performance content at one time is going to be the ceiling.

maybe they finale gives us the two full shows, just kind of broken up...Corps A opener, some character stuff, Corps A ballad, dramadramadrama, Corps A Drum feature, etc. etc. That way most of the two shows gets aired.

But i'll be pleasantly surprised if a reality tv show say 'here you go, 12minutes of uninterrupted marching music.'

look even House Hunters is staged. the buyers are already under contract to the house they end up choosing when they "go shopping".

so who knows

I think it will be interesting to see what has been talked about for years, to be the vast difference between rehearsal styles/mindset between the Devils and the Cadets. Also, this year's shows could play a huge factor into how this series plays out. On another note, did BD make the producers, etc. sign a confidentiality agreement as to not release any knowledge, etc about their show until they release an official announcement? I know they are famous for being one of the last to "reveal" each season.

Edited by ibexpercussion

Fuse is a music channel. There has to be some sort of actual performance included in each show. Even just a couple minutes of field reps or just the hornline playing in arc would be fine for each episode. Otherwise, the appeal level of this show isn't very high.

One would think that the format has been kicked around for months with some input from the corps, so they have a good idea already if this show has appeal and possible staying power. Helll, we might learn that there are some D&BC alumni on the production crew.

I don't think you'll see more than 5 seconds of the same frame, and more than 3 minutes of the same performance (or scene). Its just the way TV is edited for viewing. They are producing this for the general public, not drum corps fans. 3 minutes in TV time of a scene is the longest they go, anything more that is an eternity.

• Like 2

I don't think you'll see more than 5 seconds of the same frame, and more than 3 minutes of the same performance (or scene). Its just the way TV is edited for viewing. They are producing this for the general public, not drum corps fans. 3 minutes in TV time of a scene is the longest they go, anything more that is an eternity.

I was about to say, there are so many quick-cuts/edits that showing long portions of a field show would kill momentum for most non-bandos.

Fuse is a music channel. There has to be some sort of actual performance included in each show. Even just a couple minutes of field reps or just the hornline playing in arc would be fine for each episode. Otherwise, the appeal level of this show isn't very high.

Fuse was rebranded / relaunched a few months ago. They no longer consider themselves a music channel.

Edited by mingusmonk