2015 CD's are here!

Here is the list of edits on the audio CD's:

This CD set contains performance edits due to music licensing and permissions that are not available for distribution:

• Blue Devils (Disc 1, Track 1): 37 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Blue Knights (Disc 1, Track 6): 47 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Phantom Regiment (Disc 2, Track 1): 43 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

• Blue Devils B (Disc 4, Track 1): 20 seconds of pre-recorded audio has been omitted

spacer.gif

I REALLY wish corps would stop doing pre-recorded audio in shows. It seems like more often than not it screws up recordings

• Like 4

I REALLY wish corps would stop doing pre-recorded audio in shows. It seems like more often than not it screws up recordings

I'd prefer they stop doing it just because I don't think it adds to the show, and takes away from the live performers. But yeah, it screws up the recordings too!

• Like 3

Canned music blasted over speakers NEVER sounds as good as acoustically-produced music. I wish DCI would just pull the plug altogether. "The sky's the limit" attitude of show designers is just digging a grave for DCI over sync rights issues.

• Like 3

It might be a condition of a legal settlement, to not replace old stock.

Twofold problem, one being DCI and their glacial pace at updating to existing technology, and two being Tresona and their draconian exploitation of arts organizations.

Mike

It's a vestige of a time when people actually paid for recordings instead of just "sharing" them.

Most people stream nowadays rather than "share". And it's thanks to "sharing" that so many bands/artists get so much attention now so when you count the fact that the artist doesn't get much of a share off of sales it's most beneficial for them to get more fans anyway they can so that they could profit off of things like live shows and merch.

Most people stream nowadays rather than "share". And it's thanks to "sharing" that so many bands/artists get so much attention now so when you count the fact that the artist doesn't get much of a share off of sales it's most beneficial for them to get more fans anyway they can so that they could profit off of things like live shows and merch.

yes and no. If you've known anyone who was getting checks for works before sharing/streaming, and what happened after, you'll know why Tresona is now fighting hard for this. Attention is one thing, but fans ticket sales and merch sales only count when you have a show. Otherwise you relied on your checks from sales when you weren't on tour.

From an arts standpoint, it's fitting that Tresona is an anagram of "treason."

Maybe Tresona could put their best public relations foot forward by becoming "Atoners"...thus reconciling their checkered history.

• Like 2