2015 CD's are here!

my thought is the partnership would be less than a real partnership...it's basically a do it our way or else.

that worked for the Mafia for a long time, but it eventually even caught up with them

my thought is the partnership would be less than a real partnership...it's basically a do it our way or else.

Is that really how it is, though? I mean that's how it's been broadly characterized in another post, but that seem almost like a caricature more than business reality.

Even if it is a "do it our way, or else..." that's how rights essentially works now-a-days anyway. If the "our way" is too cost prohibitive, I get that; if "our way" is a collaborative effort where profit margins are minuscule because a third-party is assuming the rights management risks/costs, then that seems reasonable IMO.

here is a link to marching roundtable that talks about tresona, I have yet to listen to the podcast but within the links are some doc about Tresona that I did browse

http://www.marchingroundtable.com/tresona-multimedia-2/

Some interesting things in there…some things I don't believe (they don't mark up fee's...perhaps but then they back end them from the publishers)

to kill the middle man, work with who they work with and cut your own deal as the middle is just getting fat

I could see BOA, DCI, DCA, WGI pooling together, maybe share a staffer to make the endless calls to obtain copywrites

Got my CDs tonight! Woohoo, they sound great. The edits don't even bother me, other than the end of BK's show. The edits are done very well, and if you didn't know the shows that well, you wouldn't even notice. Kudos to Tom Blair, Larry Rock, etc. I'm still disappointed about FanNetwork, no Bluray yet, etc, but it's really nice to at least have the CD set during the holidays.

For those of you with the CDs, did they handle the copyright material ala Blue Devils 2014 with the audio in tact and the voice-over cleanly removed or is it an abrupt change to hide it like Cavaliers 2011 during their drum break? Also, I'm assuming they edited SCVs tech issue?

For those of you with the CDs, did they handle the copyright material ala Blue Devils 2014 with the audio in tact and the voice-over cleanly removed or is it an abrupt change to hide it like Cavaliers 2011 during their drum break? Also, I'm assuming they edited SCVs tech issue?

Havent listened to Devs yet, but yes SCV was fixed

Edited by rydad1

So if all corps would stop using pre-recorded #### it would make DCI's job a little easier right?

And it would make the live shows better. I HATE pre-recorded music or voice.

Is that really how it is, though? I mean that's how it's been broadly characterized in another post, but that seem almost like a caricature more than business reality.

Even if it is a "do it our way, or else..." that's how rights essentially works now-a-days anyway. If the "our way" is too cost prohibitive, I get that; if "our way" is a collaborative effort where profit margins are minuscule because a third-party is assuming the rights management risks/costs, then that seems reasonable IMO.

actually...that's how it would be, because they'd have DCI by the balls. i've heard rumors it almost happened, but there was no advantage to DCI for doing it.