2016 Uniform Thread

Double gulp....

Should have had a horn cleaning block before the pic.

Attention to detail, IMO.

• Like 1

My main concern is those two tone trousers. They are going to have be flawless in their choreography and be marching machines in order for them to be effective or they will suffer in the visual captions.
My gut tells me that they will be returning to a solid print, for the trousers, next year.

Edited by corps8294

I forget whether the Crossmen revealed their guard uniforms or not but here's a pic

https://instagram.com/p/BGyCrMKAwJ9/

Thank goodness they chose an "X" instead of a "U" to go along with the "F"s!

I like how the BKs are keeping their style from the last two years. But I feel that the sparkles are a bit much. I loved the simple design of last year's. If there was a way to make that uniform specific to a show, I'd have that. But what says anything about the "great event" in this new uniform? Will they switch again next year? I know I'll get used to it, though. Are all years like this? This is my first year going into DCI from the beginning, and I'm dissapointed with the Cadets', Blue Knights', and Phantom's. Can't wait to see the others' uniforms

The trend is costumes and not uniforms. We have Carolina Crown to thank for that. Sorry I know we are trying to think new, different, out of the box but some of these are getting out of hand.

Actually, more Blue Devils than Crown. Crown just followed closely behind BD's lead and capitalized on it. Those at the very top are the movers and the shakers that shape the activity. I'll also concede and say that drum corps is/has become mostly geared towards indoor venues, as of current, and the shows are a reflection of that trend. It used to be DCI would influence BOA and WGI; now it's BOA and, mostly, WGI influencing DCI. First is was show design, now it's uniform ("costume") design.

The young folks dig it and they are the ones that are the filling ranks and keeping the activity alive; so I guess there is some positive with those things that not all of us find appealing. :thumbup:

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 2

When you see the show, the Blue Knights uniforms will make perfect sense

They're gonna turn into sparkly unicorns?

• Like 2

The trend is costumes and not uniforms. We have Carolina Crown to thank for that. Sorry I know we are trying to think new, different, out of the box but some of these are getting out of hand.

Thank You!

• Like 2