2016 Uniform Thread

For folks bothered by the Bluecoats look, if modern dance/theatrical style physical demand is what is being programmed, then my question is: couldn't it be fairly argued that it looks a bit silly and impractical to be dancing and emoting in constrained military derived uniforms? I get tradition, but art has it's own imperatives.

• Like 4

For folks bothered by the Bluecoats look, if modern dance/theatrical style physical demand is what is being programmed, then my question is: couldn't it be fairly argued that it looks a bit silly and impractical to be dancing and emoting in constrained military derived uniforms? I get tradition, but art has it's own imperatives.

Therein lies the question. Should DCI draw from some form of art found in another country or should it stick to its' roots of being actual drum and bugle corps?

• Like 1

Obviously the marching members have no say in the choice of uniforms. My ire is directed at the staff who approved this hideous costume.

They look like Russian gymnasts to me.

• Like 1

I planned a business trip to Indy this week so I could attend this show. I'm glad I did. Lets forget about the Bluecoats uniforms for a minute & focus on the show itself. This Bluecoats corps is one of the cleanest drum corps I have ever seen at their first show. I thought their score tonight was lower than what they deserved. I thought they would score about 72. The drum line might just win the Sanford this year. I have to hand it to the 'coats for being an innovator in the activity the last few years with Tilt, & Kinetic Noise & this years half pipes. I may not like the uni, but I love this show.

• Like 5

Therein lies the question. Should DCI draw from some form of art found in another country or should it stick to its' roots of being actual drum and bugle corps?

We stopped being actual drum and bugle corps the same time the VFW stopped controlling things

I dig the Bluecoats uniform. Fits the show, it's forward thinking, and it looks good on the field

• Like 2

It will be interesting to talk to Roger Carter (Bluecoats Perc Cap Head) at the RCC show next week, he marched BD 92-95, when BD changed UNI's in 94, the drumline was tepid about the change, they called it the Star Trek uniform, but they grew to like it.

Edited by Jeffe77

To those who don't like the Bluecoats uniforms, try reading this: https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/comments/4pl8m6/2016_bluecoats_requires_a_different_perspective/

Just cause they are ugly uniforms doesn't mean it detracts from their show. There are many different WGI-movement-enabled type costumes that would work and look better. But who cares, the ugly uniform doesn't really detract from the performance.