SCV 2016

Congrats to SCV for bringing home the Fred Sanford Trophy!

• Like 1

Congrats on that well-deserved Fred Sanford trophy, SCV, and on a greatly improved brass section, and overall wonderful, wonderful show!

Looking forward to them getting a medal for an anniversary present!

Anyone know how many age outs? I feel like I didn't see a lot of green feathers. If that's true, that's a VERY good sign!

Anyone know how many age outs? I feel like I didn't see a lot of green feathers. If that's true, that's a VERY good sign!

Unless I missed something in retreat, I think the only battery ageouts were the bottom bass and 2 cymbal players. Unsure about the front ensemble since they don't wear the aussies but I have no worries that they could reload with how amazing their front ensemble is.

If all of them come back next year coming off the Fred Sanford, that is just scary.

From sources, only about 15 brass age outs too, with almost 60 rookies this year in the hornline. That's ridiculous..

As improved as they were, cant wait to hear how good SCV Brass could be in 2017!!

This might be one of the most understated, musical, and beautiful percussion winners I can think of in awhile......probably since Phantom in 2010, and I think I like this book more. The front ensemble and tenors especially stuck out as just sublime in arranging and performance. I know Paul gets a lot of credit, but I have to give it to Sandi this year, stunning.

Well deserved, feels like there wasn't a ton of discussion of them winning going into finals, but I had a feeling they could pull it off.