Blue Knights 2016

RPK

It's brilliant for people who know the shows from 14 and 15. But is this brlliance lost on people who don't know those past shows? Not sure the 2016 show can stand on its own for someone Who isn't familiar with the other shows

I can speak to that, actually. I never saw BK 14, but saw 15 and really enjoyed it! Saw BK 16 at Stanford and was wildly confused.

Aha! NOW I know what the whole one-legged marching effect reminds me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQgXwwqyNo

OK, then -- that'll probably get me banned from alumni functions and other local BK events for at least two years. :-P

(My joke about putting dolphins and crystals on the field is coming back to haunt me.)

I can speak to that, actually. I never saw BK 14, but saw 15 and really enjoyed it! Saw BK 16 at Stanford and was wildly confused.

I agree. Whatever they say it's about I don't care. It's confusion, but I love it. I'm done trying to figure out what everyone's shows mean. I think themes and storylines are stupid. I just like the music, drill and guard. BK, IMO, is very entertaining based on those factors alone. I don't care what the theme is. Just like last year. Because was their theme because they didn't have a theme. It was a great show.

Edited by henry7184

While the score for BK is certainly a jump, and they did come out on top of blue stars, it's important to note that the only other top 7 corps that was there were the Cadets. I wonder if that 77.7 would hold up if BD, Bluecoats, Crown, Vanguard, Phantom, were there.

Thinking my opinion of this show might just be personal taste. I REALLY want to like this show, and was close tonight, just can't seem to get over that hump.

Drumline made up for it though, turned around to the lady behind me who I think was a BK fan and had a short exchange about how awesome and creative they were with the writing and how GOOD they were. Wow.

For those saying that the show seems repetitive design wise, I think the mirrors hold the key. A reflection of the past shows that this one continues off of the last 2 shows. After all, it's about going back in time to reverse the apocalypse meaning that the past 3 shows all happen in the same timeline

Edited by JoshClements403
  • Like 2