Blue Knights 2016

RPK

I gotta say I had my doubts, but I was obviously wrong. Looks like BK is going to take out Phantom. Really a shame they weren't prepared this season. They could be knocking on Cavies/Cadets door for all we know.

Even when they're doing well, you just have to find a way to knock them down and resurface what's good and done?

• Like 1

Even when they're doing well, you just have to find a way to knock them down and resurface what's good and done?

Uh, it's not knocking them down. Quite the contrary my friend. They CLEARLY have the talent to compete with the big boys, and I'm merely stating their slow start hindered that. They should, IMO, blow by Phantom and end the season firmly in 7th. It is just too bad they took so long to get their full show on the field, and the magnitude of that problem NEEDS TO BE a learning experience for their staff. Had they been cleaning and refining their whole show from the start, they may be competing with Cadets and Cavies right now. As it is now, the gap is too big to overcome by finals.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

I am hoping for a few lyrics of Saturn to be added to their show.

That's actually an apt description for part of the show - the Great Event is the death of the world.

But the resurrection from Saturn rewinds the clock and gives us a chance to do it again, better.

I don't like the abrupt ending and hope there's a more joyous, elongated version coming, so I'm not surprised it leaves you feeling a little "Jim Jones-ie".

• Like 1

I have to admit that I kind of agree with Henry. I appreciate they were on their own schedule, but I have first hand contact with a couple of MM's and the mood among the ranks was decidedly down while they were being knocked for not being done. Some of the comments bordered on "when are they (staff, et al) going to get it done?" exasperation.

I think the positive vibe of being scored well earlier could very well have pushed them along - to what degree I can't say - and the negative vibe could have been a wet blanket on their rehearsal enthusiasm. It would only be human, IMO.

Maybe they can have the show done before SA if they try. Heck, every other corps at Pasadena had a full show, so we know it CAN be done, right?

I have to admit that I kind of agree with Henry. I appreciate they were on their own schedule, but I have first hand contact with a couple of MM's and the mood among the ranks was decidedly down while they were being knocked for not being done. Some of the comments bordered on "when are they (staff, et al) going to get it done?" exasperation.

I think the positive vibe of being scored well earlier could very well have pushed them along - to what degree I can't say - and the negative vibe could have been a wet blanket on their rehearsal enthusiasm. It would only be human, IMO.

Maybe they can have the show done before SA if they try. Heck, every other corps at Pasadena had a full show, so we know it CAN be done, right?

They absolutely should not feel down on themselves. They've got an incredible show, my favorite of the year, and 7th place, if they score a couple of points ahead of where they were last year, which I bet they will do, it would be a successful season.

The improvement from last year to this year is obvious and that's what everyone should be looking at, not the scores, or who is ahead of you or behind you. I hope they keep pushing. What they're doing this season is another leap forward. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Like 1