Blue Knights 2016

RPK

That's one set. Not the same build, drill move into and out of it, equipment set and color palette, and conclusion after it. That's a single recurring element.

Maybe the extreme similarity is because that isn't the final drill and closer? Not saying that in a sarcastic way, I genuinely think that there's a possibility that there will be a good number of changes.

Maybe the extreme similarity is because that isn't the final drill and closer? Not saying that in a sarcastic way, I genuinely think that there's a possibility that there will be a good number of changes.

That is a possibility and I hope it happens. Just going off the last two years they make adjustments are after this point in the closer.

It is definitely possible that it's on purpose and has some thematic purpose. I'm sure the design team is well aware that it's basically identical to the past two years. I can understand how it's not exciting for some people, but I personally like seeing all the connections between the three shows.

It's pretty obvious there is more after that.

I guess after getting led on for nearly two months now with those kinds of comments my excitement is very low right now.

And I say that as someone who thinks their show last year was incredibly innovative in show pacing and arranging, and got tears from 2014 and has that as one of my absolute favorites of the last few years.

And I had those feelings by Denver last year and in Stanford unfinished in 2014. When they were unfinished and still had changes to make and new endings to put in for both shows. So it's not just the closer.

Edited by DrumManTx

Interesting enough, it wasn't til they added their final adds to the closer that I really felt it last year. This show I absolutely love the beginning of the closer with the drums getting a great moment and then a fantastic cascading brass moment. I'm very excited to see this from up high and what they will add to it as the Regional Season gets going! The colorguard is fantastic, not sure anyone really every talks about them. They were good last year, but they've very much jumped in quality and cleanliness this summer. Great color, going to look beautiful under the lights

Edited by wesleyrp

I'm gonna take a wild guess we will hear from the girl from 2014, some element from 2015 will appear, and it will be in a soft ending and happily ever after.

We'll see. I still like it, but there has yet to be an addition that changes my opinion that has pretty much remained static since Stanford despite there being a lot more show. It's nice.

That is terrifyingly accurate

Maybe the ground-level video is hiding some details, but it seems like the diamond part is simplified this year. I'm guessing that, just by going into the box, they're paying tribute to the swirly bits in the previous two years' closers (and maybe it's even meant to make you recall them), but now it looks like they're opting for a simpler spread and push. Are we getting three closers for the price of one?

Also, I like what I'm hearing.