Blue Knights 2016

RPK

First time poster in this topic.

I'm really liking this program by the Blue Knights.

It's so completely different in nature than what everyone else is doing, and almost nothing like I've seen on the field.

The tarp - looks like a portal. Where? To another dimension? What is this Great Event? Do we ever know? Will we ever know? Will it come out of the portal?

What is driving me bananas about it all is whether it is all just "in general" or is it a specific thing that happens. It's like my mind starts to head off in two different directions - one just enjoys the show for what it is, and the other starts to anticipate what is to come. The lack of closure to the program (so far) is kind of a let down for me.

I feel the program may be "too much", like a Mahler symphony. My favorite composer. He wrote symphonies that were well over an hour long. A drum corps show is only 11 minutes.

You can only pack so much into an 11 minute program and I feel that this show has so much more to say, but won't be able to say it all, that it leaves one needing more to bring closure to the whole thing.

I hope this is something the staff is working on.

In regards to the corps itself, what they're doing is amazing, and hope they keep this trend on the up and up. A lot of talent and a really creative staff.

P.S. The tarp looks like it's getting creased from it being folded up over and over again. :(

• Like 1

It's so completely different in nature than what everyone else is doing, and almost nothing like I've seen on the field.

The tarp - looks like a portal. Where? To another dimension? What is this Great Event? Do we ever know? Will we ever know? Will it come out of the portal?

What is driving me bananas about it all is whether it is all just "in general" or is it a specific thing that happens. It's like my mind starts to head off in two different directions - one just enjoys the show for what it is, and the other starts to anticipate what is to come. The lack of closure to the program (so far) is kind of a let down for me.

I feel the program may be "too much", like a Mahler symphony. My favorite composer. He wrote symphonies that were well over an hour long. A drum corps show is only 11 minutes.

You can only pack so much into an 11 minute program and I feel that this show has so much more to say, but won't be able to say it all, that it leaves one needing more to bring closure to the whole thing.

In regards to the corps itself, what they're doing is amazing, and hope they keep this trend on the up and up. A lot of talent and a really creative staff.

P.S. The tarp looks like it's getting creased from it being folded up over and over again. :(

http://ascendperformingarts.org/blue-knights-announce-2016-show-the-great-event/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O46xvoTjn4

The Great Event is the destruction of the world ("Next Tuesday, when the sun goes down...). The program imagines the opportunity to spin the world backwards and change the future to avoid the big event.

The tarp to me looks like a spin backwards, but it very well could be a portal back to a few moments ago when we can change the world and avoid the Big Event.

IMO, anyway, and based on the explanation from the BK design team.

Edited by garfield

Sleeping At Last released the official music video for "Saturn" during the first week of tour. It's worth a watch if you like artsy stuff. (Also, it feels weird that I'm bumping this up from page 4.)

• Like 1

Sleeping At Last released the official music video for "Saturn" during the first week of tour. It's worth a watch if you like artsy stuff. (Also, it feels weird that I'm bumping this up from page 4.)

If BK could incorporate those lyrics into their closer they could blow the fans away...especially those familiar with the preceding two shows. It just ties the whole trilogy together.