Official 2016 Blue Stars

Ehh, last year had some serious visual design and performance issues. I feel like trying to fix that kept the whole package from developing. Love listening to it, but I feel like they finished in the right place. I'm not blind to that. Was pretty obvious numbers wise from SA out.

Looking forward to what the new visual staff, design and teaching will do. Rest is perfectly fine and should do really well. Word is the drums are REALLY hot this year.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Ehh, last year had some serious visual design and performance issues. I feel like trying to fix that kept the whole package from developing. Love listening to it, but I feel like they finished in the right place. I'm not blind to that. Was pretty obvious numbers wise from SA out.

Looking forward to what the new visual staff, design and teaching will do. Rest is perfectly fine and should do really well. Word is the drums are REALLY hot this year.

Think I read 6/8 snares returned.

Indeed!

They tried some original staging and guard work. I commend them for that. Unfortunately, what could have been a very emotional ballad never really gelled because the "conjoined" guard work, which I thought was very original, tended to come off as clumsy IMO.

Can't wait to hear the '16 announcement and uni reveal!

I found a hint to the show and I'm intrigued. No idea where they take it without a description but with the guard I say this could turn out to be real sweet. Just need that full announcement!!

I instantly thought of BD when I saw the hint. Idk if that's good or bad, but I am happy they are leaning towards a more abstract and mature show this season.

If you got the recent fundraising letter, you know a little about the show. No music selections, but the show name and a small bit of background. Since this has gone out to so many, I assume the public announcement is imminent.