Official 2016 Blue Stars

I am really excited for them this year. Wish I could see them live.

Really dig them. I'll be at finals so I'll let you know!

I am really excited for them this year. Wish I could see them live.

I'd love to see them take the western leg of the tour in the near future!

13174133_10153397296736923_4184091665645

Picasso painting

13173991_10209968309950654_7433192266356

The Las Vegas show- LE RÊVE – THE DREAM

Voted "Best Production Show" in Las Vegas for an unprecedented six consecutive years, Le Rêve – The Dream welcomes you into an exciting and mysterious world inside an incredible aqua theater-in-the-round. From a thrilling high dive to an underwater tango, the stunning performers and breathtaking aerial feats of strength and agility will mesmerize you from beginning to end. You'll be sure to notice something you've never seen before in this liquid, and ever-evolving show. Experience Dénouement, the newest act in Le Rêve – The Dream, which features a daring dance through spectacular water and fire elements that stands as one of the greatest advancements in the show's history.

The Wagner could make an absolutely beautiful ballad, seriously. The overture from La Reve is really beautiful too.

Not a whole lot in terms of description, but the title and its translation give a plethora of possibilities, and the music is great stuff. Looking forward to it! :music:

Surprised no one posted this. ._. Though they didn't post it on their Facebook page or anything.

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=821

1463198219.jpg

1463203792.jpg

You seem like you expected more or the DCP people 😅. The source music seems to be in a different direction than the past couple. It really reminds me of all the cirque shows which I've always been a fan of. I'm also always a fan of the Mapes, Grom, and Saucedo originals because those 3 can write some amazing stuff. Last year the brass focused on blend so if they bring the sound this year this will sound beautiful. Edited by BlueStainGlass

My guess is that Isolde's final aria (commonly known as the Liebestod) or the duet between Tristan and Isolde in the second act would be the selection by Wagner. Wagner had no idea his works would be performed by drum corps and given his thoughts about how his operas should be performed, he wouldn't like it, but he probably wouldn't like Walkuries on motorcycles either, so we won't be doing anything worse in drum corps than what is done with his works in opera houses. If Blue Stars can convey the beauty and intricacies of "Tristan un Isolde" on the drum corps field, it will be one of the greatest musical moments this summer. It will be a challenge. Remember, opera singers who are capable of singing "Tristan un Isolde" avoid it at all costs, loving it but seeing as Wagner's most demanding work.