Underrated Shows

A couple of recent ones, off the top of my head:

2006 Boston Crusaders, "Cathedrals of the Mind." Just an enjoyable show with a nice storyline, all brought together with the cathedral columns joining at the end.

2014 Blue Stars, "Where The Heart Is." The "build a home" show. Great fun with a quirky twist or two... and the color guard was fantastic!!! They really helped sell the show.

Completely agree on BS 2014

• Like 1

I'd Have to go with

Crown 07- Triple Crown- Perhaps the first break through show for them that led to so many great ones. But, the horse race sequence was ingenious and also served notice they were about to be title contenders. Great music, amazing show.

Bluecoats 07- Likewise, Criminal showed a maturity in design that has only furthered over the years. Guard was fantastic. Showed us that Bluecoats were on the rise and 3 short years later would medal.

Scouts 99- I was pulling for my BK, but Scouts in front of the home crowd at finals put on one of the greatest clutch performances in history. JC Superstar was the bomb- BK was amazing that year, Scouts were better that night!

I 100% disagree with you. 07 crown was the most talked about show on these boards. First year everyone claimed best brass and always said to be their favorite crown show.

Now when I think of underrated I think of shows nobody ever talked about. One I just listened to recently was Glassmen 05 where I think the majority dont even remember the show but they played really well and put a twist on a classic.

• Like 1

I 100% disagree with you. 07 crown was the most talked about show on these boards. First year everyone claimed best brass and always said to be their favorite crown show.

Now when I think of underrated I think of shows nobody ever talked about. One I just listened to recently was Glassmen 05 where I think the majority dont even remember the show but they played really well and put a twist on a classic.

Yeah 07 Crown seems to be a universally liked and talked about show

Carolina Crown 2006, music was phenomenal and the drill was a beast. Percussion cost them to slip a spot to 8th at finals.

Glassmen 2007 with the gypsy show, loved it.

Oh, I totally agree on that Glassmen show, One of my 2007 favorites, for sure.

• Like 1

91 and 93 BD. Those horn lines my goodness.

Holy cow, yes...

"A Don Ellis Portrait" was some phenomenal music/performance. That horn line was flat out sick, and the music was SO challenging, and they nailed it.

• Like 6

2014 Blue Stars, "Where The Heart Is." The "build a home" show. Great fun with a quirky twist or two... and the color guard was fantastic!!! They really helped sell the show.

Absolutely agree. It might actually be my favorite "anniversary" show done by any corps.

• Like 1