Preseason Excitement Poll - 2016 Edition

2016 Show Anticipation Poll  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2016 Drum Corps season?

• The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride
    • Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On
    • Blue Knights - The Great Event
    • Blue Stars - La Reve
    • Bluecoats - ?
    • Boston Crusaders - Quixotic
    • The Cadets - Awakening
    • Carolina Crown - Relentless
    • The Cavaliers - Propaganda
    • Colts - Nachtmusik
    • Crossmen - Continuum
    • Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow
    • Madison Scouts - Judas
    • Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest
    • Oregon Crusaders - Hunted
    • Pacific Crest - The Union
    • Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise
    • Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia
    • Seattle Cascades - O
    • Troopers - hero.
    • Other

After all the years of hype I’ve learned to ignore the hype.

The preseason here is about observing other DCP posters so you can set your filters and extract more accurate reads later in the season.

Good golly, who peed in your cornflakes this morning!?

Play along! Acting young keeps you young. Nobody believes it's anything other than having fun. So have fun!

Come on, I double-dare you! Join in!

• Like 1

I could have predicted those results last October so I'm not buying it has much to do with theme, announcements or anything other than who's posters the kids have on their wall

Granny Smith has an adorable, lipstick smudged, poster of the Troopers Jim Jones on her wall.

Edited by BRASSO

My votes are for Bluecoats because last year's show was so cool and innovative musically, Crown because they are always impressive, Cadets because I want to see how they're changing things visually & Vanguard because I always enjoy their shows.

Really, I can't wait to see what all the corps bring to the field this year but those mentioned above are at the top of my list!

Really fun thread.

My picks:

Blue Knights: They have been so incredibly stunning the past few years. Love their direction. Love their source music this year.

Blue Coats: Always so dang innovative.

Crown and Phantom: Whatever either of these corps field I will love. Period.

Oregon Crusaders: My home corps. Love them. My son marched. Nuff said.

Cascades: Loved their show last year and I'd like to see them continue on an upward trend.

Troopers: Love the perpetual Americana. Love the starbursts. Don't change.

Bonus: count the times I said 'love' in this post. That's why I'm luv4corps :)

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Cowtown here. Could've predicted this before the topic was made. Bluecoats and Crown are the trendy darlings of this decade much like Cavies and PR were last decade.

Doubt any of these results have anything to do with the shows themselves other than maybe BK

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Cowtown here. Could've predicted this before the topic was made. Bluecoats and Crown are the trendy darlings of this decade much like Cavies and PR were last decade.

Doubt any of these results have anything to do with the shows themselves other than maybe BK

You could say look at the corps topic pages. All of the top groups have the most talking. It's who the people only care about.

This is classic DCP. "This poll in meaningless. (Well. except for the part I agree with)" !!!!!!!!

Answer me this:

WHY do you think Cavies and PR (and Crown and Bluecoats) are trendy? Why are they darlings?

• Like 3