Is it a mistake?

Its true that the West Coast did seem to have full panels early in the seaaon, that shows back in midwest, east did not. My guess, West Coast Show Sponsors were more willing to foot the cost. But thats just a guess here.

The shows are absolutely packed out here, so maybe you're onto something.

Edited by jjeffeory

Well at least we can still see the Music, Visual and GE split, just not the breakdowns of each, so it won't be a total blackout.

The shows are absolutely packed out here, so maybe you're onto something.

I think west coast shows being packed has more to do with the fact that once corps head east, they don't return west. So if you don't catch a show out there in the early season, you likely won't see live drum corps at all. Unless you make a trip east later in the season (which most people don't have the luxury of doing)

Selfishly, the one thing I know for sure is I'm going to get a lot more sleep this summer.

• Like 2

Fewer shows to cover are better than a pink slip Mike.

I'm not covering fewer shows; I'm just not going to be doing the Recap Roundups after every major show. That's where the extra sleep comes in. (I used to leave Lucas Oil Stadium between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m.)

Judges follow the herd. Oh my, everyone had corps X in top spot but I really didn't see that but was I in the wrong place on the field or I'm I not understanding their concept like apparently everyone else?

Of course this comes into play. It should help with scoring if judges can't see recaps.

thats a very over generalization based on what we've seen the last 4 years. with all of the new vlood coming in, folks very used to the "show of the day mentality", we've seen some very interesting results

Overall scores will still be posted as they are tabulated, so there will be just as many people hitting the DCI website.

however the recap leads to another page, which counts as traffic

I'd like to hear a disadvantage that's not "DCI gets less website hits" or "There will be less to discuss on DCP." If straight-up deleting DCP created a more fair and honest environment for the actual kids marching to be judged, then yeah, that has priority.

i've said one. DCI's press release about it basically chucked the entire judging community under the bus and gave the impression they are all recap watching slotting ########. and having analyzed recaps the last few years, you can see it's not the case.

Oh come on! Somebody answer my question!: If the point of hiding caption scores is to somehow improve the judging process - in ANY way - how will anyone know that it's been successful or not?

Personally, I think this is an effort to put those score collection/tabulation/analysis websites out of business because DCI is losing eyeballs to them because DCI is too cheap to spend the money to have a decent site for fans. If DCI is the only game in town with score sheets they control the market, period.

And I'm not wearing tin foil...

IMO I think thats what it's about, especially since the current DCI website kinda sucks

• Like 2