2016 Emerald City Music Games – Drum Corps Planet/Drum Corps World Cov

Is Garfield still locked up counting the sheckels from last night and how much is he selling recaps for???

Considering how hard he worked, he should be sleeping for the next 12 hours.

Are the Colombus Saints Open Class or Soundsport? If Soundsport, are they judged on the same sheets?

The Saints are SoundSport and are judged on different sheets than Open or World Class.

• Like 1

I will take these scores with a grain of salt since I don't believe there were any guard, drum or horn judges at it. It was basically a visual, GE judged show. I am sure things will look MUCH different once there are full judging panels....especially the gaps between Blue Stars and Troopers (larger) and Cavies (smaller)

I will take these scores with a grain of salt since I don't believe there were any guard, drum or horn judges at it. It was basically a visual, GE judged show. I am sure things will look MUCH different once there are full judging panels....especially the gaps between Blue Stars and Troopers (larger) and Cavies (smaller)

I have said this before, partial panels are only good to give a vague impression of where corps are. I do not put full stock in scores unless there is a full panel.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Different competition = different judges

Can't exactly compare scores.

We CAN compare scores here on DCP with different sized judging panels, from different parts of the country. In this offseason as matter of fact, we had a lengthy DCP thread discussion of the comparison of DCI scores at Finals from BITD, the 70's ( under a tick system ) with modern day DCI scores (under the build up system) The fact that the 2 DCI judging systems have nothing in common seemed irrelevant. So if we can compare scores of shows from last year with those from 43 years ago, I see no reason why we can't compare scores on the same night from another show with different mix of Corps, judges, different sized panels, 6 minute shows vs. 11 minute shows, etc. Besides, we rank the Corps on these non head to head matchups all the time here at DCI and on DCP. So comparing stuff like this can be just as much fun as it is ridiculous. And fans should be able to engage in fun and ridiculous things just as equally as DCI engages in fun and ridiculous things too, it would seem to me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

How was attendance last night in Dublin?

I am pretty sure it was down from last year. We will have to wait for garfield to get the analysis.

Drum feature to open the fourth movement, including some great cymbal work. Again, a great idea brought over from WGI.

Legends had a cymbal feature last year, too.

Legends had a cymbal feature last year, too.

Indeed they did, and a good one, too.