Intrigue In Indy

Yes it was an Era know as the 1970s

And ironically, in the 1970's, a lot of band directors actively discouraged their students from joining drum corps.

Personally, I'm glad that Cavaliers actually reference the current political climate; to do otherwise in a show with this theme would be to ignore the elephant in the room. That decision alone puts them far ahead of what Crossmen did. But they have to make it clear that all political movements engage in propaganda.

It's really interesting that, at about the very time the Cavaliers were performing, the world got a big reminder that propaganda has consequences. The British prime minister, James Cameron, has just resigned because of it.

In 2013, Cameron had promised that, if his party was reelected in 2015, that Britain would conduct a national referendum in 2016 on the question of their membership in the EU.

Neither he nor the main party opposing him really wanted to leave the EU. He just said that to win.

But yesterday, Britain voted to "Brexit". And Cameron has quit. Oops.

In a further example of propaganda, the British tabloids had strongly pushed for an EU departure, and it appears that a number of people who voted "Leave" rather than "Remain" are now regretting that decision. I'm seeing a number of quotes from people who voted that way just to send a message but never thought their vote would mean anything.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

It's really interesting that, at about the very time the Cavaliers were performing, the world got a big reminder that propaganda has consequences. The British prime minister, James Cameron, has just resigned because of it.

In 2013, Cameron had promised that, if his party was reelected in 2015, that Britain would conduct a national referendum in 2016 on the question of their membership in the EU.

Neither he nor the main party opposing him really wanted to leave the EU. He just said that to win.

In a further example of propaganda, the British tabloids had strongly pushed for an EU departure, and it appears that a number of people who voted "Leave" rather than "Remain" are now regretting that decision. I'm seeing a number of quotes from people who voted that way just to send a message but never thought their vote would mean anything.

David Cameron.

James Cameron directed Titanic and Avatar. LOL

• Like 2

They did: something like eight rolling platforms. They were used, e.g., for the four soloists down front at the start of Young Person's Guide.

I do hope you're not implying that props are necessary to make a show exciting.

Maybe not for you and me, but I think (fear) it feels that way for most watchers.

Post Bluecoats I remember them saying all sections were great. He almost repeated himself from 2002 Cavaliers "no weaknesses, none at all."

But I definitely remember post crown when mentioned the drums being not great. There were a few times the snares were quite obviously out.

So I think you have them confused.

Thanks, in retrospect I think you are correct.

When Was the LAST time THE CADETS started out this low ???

Music was good. Brass and Percussion have good vehicles. . Drill is very dirty and not a good product. Guard is still middle of the pack .

Cadets are usually known for being a very hard working corps . This product will have to have many changes for it to be in the top 6. Might Bang it out with CAVALIERS and possibly BLUE KNIGHTS all year. Not in same league as Bluecoats , Crown or probably Blue Devils and SCV .

David Cameron.

James Cameron directed Titanic and Avatar. LOL

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Flashbacks to Academic Challenge practice in high school, where I said that "William Conrad" wrote Heart of Darkness.

The author's name was actually Joseph Conrad. This is William Conrad:

Cannon_S3.jpg

Thanks for the correction. How embarrassing! But my heart will go on.

• Like 1

Music was good. Brass and Percussion have good vehicles. . Drill is very dirty and not a good product. Guard is still middle of the pack .

Cadets are usually known for being a very hard working corps . This product will have to have many changes for it to be in the top 6. Might Bang it out with CAVALIERS and possibly BLUE KNIGHTS all year. Not in same league as Bluecoats , Crown or probably Blue Devils and SCV .

Today's date is June 24th. How about relaxing a bit...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 3

It's really interesting that, at about the very time the Cavaliers were performing, the world got a big reminder that propaganda has consequences. The British prime minister, David Cameron, has just resigned because of it.

One further corps connection: the official anthem of the European Union was played in last year's second-place finisher.

Ironically, in 2011 they started in 4th place. Then they went on to win the championship. This show is not nearly as strong of a vehicle as they had in 2011 though.

• Like 3