Whimsical Whitewater! June 25, 2016

Now that said, I don't expect or think the Cavaliers will beat the Cadets. But only lose by a point? That would be cool.

I guessed correctly earlier today. Now this was obviously a partial panel so spreads are unknown. But I am personally excited for the semblance of a gap closing.

• Like 1

Momma DCI@DrumCorpsFan 9m9 minutes ago

Had to hush corps staff in the stands for the first time this season, so there's that. 1f612.png1f644.png

Good for Momma DCI to speak up.

Momma DCI ‏@DrumCorpsFan 8m8 minutes ago

.@TheCavaliers show also mixed some Trump quotes in w/ Reagan's words about tearing down a wall. VERY effective juxtaposition.

So that concept clearly works for some audience members.

she also was rooting for Cavaliers as the scores were being announced. That "wall" to "wall" justaposition is frankly idiotic (IMO) - nothing wrong at all with being a fan of a corps

I'm so excited Cavaliers are starting this season stronger, but so not in love with their show. Like nails on a chalk board to me. As was the (similar) Crossmen program a couple years back, and several band shows I've seen, so i'm certain it is just me...

That "wall" to "wall" justaposition is frankly idiotic (IMO) -

Rhetoric that uses a wall to inspire hope : rhetoric that uses a wall to appeal to fear. A wall is a bad thing, a wall is a good thing.

They stated that they weren't saying propaganda was good or bad, and the closer crams a lot of positive and negative images into one segment, so it makes sense in terms of setting the table for the rest of the concept in that number.

• Like 1

Or the vote for Hillary banner. I'm sure that works for some audience members as well.

Did nobody on here go? Would like some live thoughts. On Jeff Spanos stream whoever he brough said BS were their favorite, Cadets had best drums, and brass was a toss up.

I was there with my other half. 19 rows up right around the 45 yard line. We both thought it was a nice show. We really enjoyed everyone. Pioneer had some volume like I haven't heard in the past. Troopers sound is lucious, Colts are very entertaining, Stars look so much better and are playing with some power, Cavies are good but we didn't dig the theme but was the best presented theme, and Cadets are Cadets. They were easily the best corps there musically. The show concept and how it it's presented missed the mark in a big way.

Our favorites, Cadets, Stars, Colts.

• Like 1