Stanford Showdown - DCI West

No, it's based on the previous weeks scores (this year that will be mostly Minneapolis and KY shows- if there is a corps at neither one of those shows then they take a score from a different show) Then ATL is based on SA, Atown on ATL and finally prelims on ATown. If a corps isn't in a particular show, they take the closest show score. (Example- Surf used to not do SA, so they took a different show for them to be seeded in ATL and last year a corps skipped ATL (illness) so they were given a different shows score to seed for ATown.). Not exactly completely fair of course, but as close as they can get. And yes then they group scores by 3's and draw for show order.

So as long as a corps has their show complete by then (Minny and KY), does it really matter whether the show is complete? I personally don't think so

I felt like I was watching a movie and suddenly the theater lost power. Disappointed.

The difference here of course is that the theatre would most likely give you a complete refund too.

Ironically, we were at attendance at a DCI show in the cinema a few years ago and the power went out after about 90% of the show was shown. The cinema general manager came into our group, apologized to all of us, and announced that he would provide all of us a compete refund. Some took him up on the offer, others did not ( I did not, and told him I appreciated his apology for something beyond his control and coupled with his gracious offer, that his prompt and able response was sufficient for me personally).

Edited by BRASSO

Like penalties unless there's a sub paragraph that allows incomplete programs the first week or so.

honestly. the more i think about it. i don't care that they don't have drill/dance...etc finished the first week of the season. I do care that they can't fill their time slot, can't get on and off the field in their allotted time.

I'm kinda on the fence about BK last night ( was there). YES..they did seem to take awhile to start their show. I don't know what the rules are but they maybe stood on the side for maybe 5-7 mins. The pit was set up but I was thinking why are they not starting. As far as the show I was expecting more. Not really sure what this show is about. But halfway though they stood playing and it ended. The drum majors turned about and bowed. The audience near me was like...do we applaud? BK always seems to start out slow but this is the first time I remember them having an incomplete show.

We're there issues with the electronics? Anyone have an idea of what they were standing for so long? Just asking as I wasn't there.

I'm kinda on the fence about BK last night ( was there). YES..they did seem to take awhile to start their show. I don't know what the rules are but they maybe stood on the side for maybe 5-7 mins. The pit was set up but I was thinking why are they not starting. As far as the show I was expecting more. Not really sure what this show is about. But halfway though they stood playing and it ended. The drum majors turned about and bowed. The audience near me was like...do we applaud? BK always seems to start out slow but this is the first time I remember them having an incomplete show.

We're there issues with the electronics? Anyone have an idea of what they were standing for so long? Just asking as I wasn't there.

I really don't know. I didn't see anything unusual near the pit. It could have been. I'm not familiar with this sort of stuff. Do they plug into the stadium amps? Do corps have to use their own amps? I have no idea with sort of thing. There was nothing unusual with Mandarins before or Madison after.

They were incomplete last year too.

Do any of you know the circumstances as to why BK doesn't have the entire show on the field? Do you care?

I personally do not care as to their reasons why. But since you asked us the question, have you received an explanation as to why the Blue Knights performed only half their show in competition, went significantly undertime in the competition, then the next 24 hours, were significantly unprepared to start their show in competition in the prescribed time ?.... yet received no penalties for any of these infractions ? Do you have a curious mind ? Or perhaps you have a curious mind, but don't care about any of this anyway ? What say you ?

• Like 1

They were incomplete last year too.

Well, if it never effected them last year in any manner either, why are we not surprised ?

• Like 1