East Coast Classic Chestnut Hill BC.

They've totally got something planned for the end with the horn line in two lines pointing toward the huge ramp. Want to bet they all run up and slide down sequentially...

Oh man. That show has it all, wow. Unadulterated GE from beginning to end and one of the few to sell it so well, without ever feeling forced. It has that degree of nuance and refinement that a program like this needs, and that's so hard to come by now.

It's counterintuitive but Bloo has also had the most melodic material on the filed the past three years. (The show goes by in a flash, too, which is how you know. No sitting around waiting for the music to "start up again" as is the case for many shows these days.)

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 2

This Coats show is so darn sexy and cool it is ridiculous

So daring on every level. Cannot wait to hear it live in Nashville.

Cadets were better tonight. Big sound, and I liked some of the staging changes, second best corps in this show by far. They should score better tonight, but Coats is just so fat and slick, there is no way they can be overtaken in GE.

They've totally got something planned for the end with the horn line in two lines pointing toward the huge ramp. Want to bet they all run up and slide down sequentially...

If that happens, I wonder if they can push the GE sheet to 80... :silly:

bloo is very boring for me, but really great performances already from top to bottom.

the closer is the most innovative part visually for me. the plays on shape and color make it so it's like there's motion even when standing still. serious synaesthesia when combined with the brass.

can't wait to see what judges choose to reward starting in san antonio.

• Like 1

If you're going by visual design, I may agree with you. But that hornline is holding back right now. Their brass staff doesn't like to let the hornline loose until later into the season every year. They really play the crap out of the show every year by finals and they always sound like Phantom. I'm really excited to hear their final form on Kings

You nailed it.

I love Phantom, the horn sound is plush, they have some fantastic soloists, but the show just kinda plods along to me. The formations do not have a "world class design" look to them, if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

So daring on every level. Cannot wait to hear it live in Nashville.

Cadets were better tonight. Big sound, and I liked some of the staging changes, second best corps in this show by far. They should score better tonight, but Coats is just so fat and slick, there is no way they can be overtaken in GE.

Totally agree.

Haven't seen the Blue Coats until tonight. Wow! What a hornline! They have some screamers. Trying to out blue the Devil's