Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

Cadets seemed really sloppy tonight... the wind definitely did not help. But the fireworks behind them were pretty sweet :)

From watching the periscope, I definitely agree.

Cadets seemed a lil rough, but I cannot say since the periscope I saw looked like a potato. But people seem to like to hate on the Cadets...

• Like 1

You are quite right, I expressed myself poorly. Perhaps I should have said east coast fans are very knowledgeable, perhaps the most knowledgeable fans in the activity, and they express their enthusiasm in a pretty good proportion to what they experience from the corps. If they appreciate Crossmen more than then they do their hometown corps, the Crusaders, they will give it up for Crossmen more, even though they were enthusiastic for Crusaders.

Not to quibble, but both Boston and Crossmen got equally appreciative hands at the Boston College show laat nite. No disrespect to the Crossmen here, as I enjoyed their show too, but I want to put to bed any false notion that Boston somehow received less of an enthusiastic response to their performance in Boston last nite than the Crossmen did. They didn't. That said, I would imagine that the Bluecoats ( an Ohio based Corps ) and Crown ( an East Coast Corps ) will get a better enthusiastic response in San Antonio, Texas at the completion of their respective shows this month than either Boston or the Crossmen ( from San Antonio ) or Genesis ( also from Texas ) will. But so what ? This parochial nonsense is just that..... silly nonsense. People in California gave BD less than " an enthusiastic response " 3 years than they did with Phantom Regiment ( from illinois ), and BD won it all that year. But again... so what ? People last nite we are being told were " unenthusiastic " in Lisle, Il.. last nite for all the Corps including that for the Cavaliers ( from home state Illinois too ) But again, so what ? its just silly , imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Bloo just wrapped up. I'm sure it wasn't their best performance of the year, but it was definitely a crowd pleaser. Even some of the purists in the audience were enjoying it. The speaker staging provides for some cool effects, but I'm not sure they're using them to their fullest right now. Not getting much out of the pit.

Opening visual impact needs more of a musical impact as well - kind of a let down at the moment. Right now the brass is really shining in the second half of the show but needs to reign in their timing in Heat of the Day before they can really be let loose. Some very cool visual moments and they're getting much cleaner with the prop usage and movement. My second favorite of the evening behind Phantom, but if they clean this bad boy up it could be a contender by the end of the season.

I hate how there's no musical buildup to Bluecoats' first hit. It makes it so hollow.

• Like 2

Not to quibble, but both Boston and Crossmen got equally appreciative hands at the Boston College show laat nite. No disrespect to the Crossmen here, as I enjoyed their show too, but I want to put to bed any false notion that Boston somehow received less of an enthusiastic response to their performance in Boston last nite than the Crossmen did. They didn't. That said, I would imagine that the Bluecoats ( an Ohio based Corps ) and Crown ( an East Coast Corps ) will get a better enthusiastic response in San Antonio, Texas at the completion of their respective shows this month than either Boston or the Crossmen ( from San Antonio ) or Genesis ( also from Texas ) will. But so what ? This parochial nonsense is just that..... silly nonsense. People in California gave BD less than " an enthusiastic response " 3 years than they did with Phantom Regiment ( from illinois ), and BD won it all that year. But again... so what ? People last nite we are being told were unenthusiastic " in Lisle, Il.. last nite for all the Corps including that for the Cavaliers ( from in state Illinois too ) But again, so what ? its just silly , imo.

Barely mentionable quibbles noted, and entered into the records of the Persians and Medes.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Coats show is good, might get them the elusive gold medal. But some part of me just doesn't feel anything for the show: nothing for or against it.

I like it, but then a part of my mind feels lukewarm about it.

Weird.

Coats show is good, might get them the elusive gold medal. But some part of me just doesn't feel anything for the show: nothing for or against it.

I like it, but then a part of my mind feels lukewarm about it.

Weird.

It's July 3. Give it a month.