Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

How was the wind tonight? Cadets had several drops and a noticed Blue Coats also had some drops.

Coats show is good, might get them the elusive gold medal. But some part of me just doesn't feel anything for the show: nothing for or against it.

I like it, but then a part of my mind feels lukewarm about it.

Weird.

I agree in some ways....it is a wow show with the ramps, but I watch it and think it really doesn't have a heart. It is effect for the sake of effect. Repetitive rhythems that are catchy true but don't really tell you anything.

Last year it was the age of "you must tell a story and have a heart". I don't see that in Bluecoats show.

• Like 2

I hate how there's no musical buildup to Bluecoats' first hit. It makes it so hollow.

Guess they weren't happy about what happened last year. :(

I thought it was their finest outing..... transportation issues....missed their spot in the lineup..... all day waiting for busses....2 point penalty ......those are the negatives.

Positives? they went on last....after Blue Devils...... before a packed house......very good performance....received well by crowd.....not so much by judges....

Those kids showed gumption and determination.....you can't ask for more from a drum and bugle corps !

• Like 1

All these Corps have lots of cleaning, changes, rewrites, etc to do, as the collective scores in DCI this year are all way down from last year at this July 4th weekend point in the season.

Some Corps are going to break out of their current pecking order placements with other Corps pretty soon, and get a bump in scores... as these are the lowest DCI scores at this juncture in decades. DCI will probably be won this season with a score between a mid or high 97 and a 99, but the highest score at the moment is a 75.50 ( BD ). Man , we have a long ways to go from the low 70's with these 3 or 4 current contenders to get to THERE ( high 90's ) by Finals Nite in the 5 weeks that remain.

Edited by BRASSO

All these Corps have lots of cleaning, changes, rewrites, etc to do, as the collective scores in DCI this year are all way down from last year at this July 4th weekend point in the season.

Some Corps are going to break out of their current pecking order placements with other Corps pretty soon, and get a bump in scores... as these are the lowest DCI scores at this juncture in decades.

Of course, I have to wonder if this is by merit or directive. In a podcast, I believe M. Cesario had a throw away remark about tightening boxes more than even last year's directive. Edited by Jurassic Lancer

They just announced the scores, but I didn't write them down...Bluecoats were 1st with 76.something and the Cadets were 2nd with 74.something...